Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Alrighty...

so I'm taking Carmen's advice and going shopping tonight (much to DH's dismay). I have this really cute pink/brown/white paisley top and I'd love to find a matching skirt. We'll see if that happens. I also want to pick up a new pair of shoes, courtesy of my grandma (gotta love getting birthday money) and a new bra. This might be tmi but seriously, the ones I have one are so TIGHT! I feel like my circulation is getting cut off, I have underwire indents by the end of the day and I feel like something's gonna pop out at any given moment during the day. I actually think it's quite humorous because I have never, ever had this problem before. I usually have the opposite problem - nothing fits.
Wish me luck. I am NOT a shopper. I like to get in and out of the mall/store as quickly as possible. I get easily discouraged and frustrated (partly because of the money issue and partly because of the bashing my self esteem takes every time I go). Ya know, I'm tempted to have a friend sign me up for What Not To Wear. It's not that I think I'm horribly out of style but I am so low maintenance that sometimes I wish I would put more time and effort into how I look. And that $5000, a new haircut and makeover would be SO nice.
I was laughing at myself the other day because I was worried about turning into a frumpy overweight mom and then realized, 'wait, I already am a frump'. HAHAHAHAHA! DOH!
Anyway, I'll be sure to fill you in on the details of how tonight's escapade goes.

7 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

Oh I am soooo excited for you!! Good gosh girl - have fun with this!! And remember, go for basics. They will carry you through the entire pregnancy, and even other ones!! hee hee

I want pics when you are done!!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

You are SOOOO not frumpy!! I love your simple, elegant look! And am quite jealous of your lean runner's body - I would think that shopping would be easy! Wanna come to Ontario? I'll take you shopping! :)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

i must confess, i am low maintenance too so i wore jog bras throughout my pregnancy. LOL

but heather, you look small boned like me so i found that most shirts fit if they were long enough and not maternity but the pants and skirts i had to buy in maternity! so the good news is that i can still wear the shirts now! yay!

11:22 PM  
Blogger MonaS! said...

I LOOOOVED shopping when I was pregnant! You are TOTALLY not a frumpy lady! You are GORGEOUS - especially now that you are preggo!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh Heather, I hope you were able to get some good things that made you feel beautiful! Seriously a good haircut and a nice outfit does a world of good for making one feel better about themselves. You need to pamper yourself, now and again, especially now! Because it won't happen again for a bit after baby comes!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh you are not a frump!! I hope you had fun shopping - show us what you got!!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great time shopping and that you were able to find a matching skirt. Do we get to see photos of your purchases.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home