Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Our Little One!


What an incredible experience it was to see a baby moving inside of me!!!! It was SO cool - watching the heart beat, seeing those little legs move up and down, watch the mouth move and then sucking its thumb, then watching this little one move it's hands and arms around and open and close its fingers and then point! It was totally amazing! I was in awe and I know Jonathan was too. It was almost surreal (that is until I remembered how badly I had to go to the bathroom!!!).
We are totally in love with this little one. We both can't wait to meet it and we've recently started talking lots to the baby. It still feels so weird some days to think we are going to be parents. Some days I honestly don't feel old enough yet! But I can't wait. I can't wait to hold this babe and kiss it and cuddle it and feed it and watch Jonathan be a daddy. And I know I'm gonna cry when I see the baby for the first time. I tear up just thinking about it. So many changes coming our way, so many new experiences and I know there will be lots of frustrations too but still, I can't wait.
For now though, we're savoring time together (like a date at the mall after the ultrasound yesterday), we're enjoying sleeping in and the peace and quiet, we're enjoying taking off for the weekend and coming home whenever we feel like it and I'm enjoying being pregnant, knowing that too soon it will be a distant memory.
Oh and I should add, we didn't find out what we are having. We want it to be a surprise!

16 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Oh, you made me cry with your beautiful words!! Of course, I am thrilled too and glad to "see" that all is well with this new little one. And yes - savour the time and freedom - it will be different!!
((( HUGS )))

12:07 PM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK! OMG - doesn't this just make it all more real? And wow I can't believe how big it is! I can't wait to meet him/her!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You can totally see him or her! You're making me tear up too. Your journalling is gorgeous. Are you doing a pregancy journal?

2:54 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

aww congrats again Heather, s/he is sooo beautiful!! He or she is just perfect in everyway!! I'm so happy for you two!! (and grandma too of course!!) This baby indeed will change life as you know it, and you'll wonder what you ever did before him/her!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww! What you wrote is so sweet. I think you should start little Junior/ette's baby book with it. And how sweet that you're going to be surprised! I love that!

By the way - you and your sister look like twins in that shot below. And great photo shoot, too!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Oh how wonderful!!! I am so happy for you two!!! That is so sweet.I love what you wrote and it makes me remember it all too.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heather your post is beautiful! BTW...I am totally feeling boy vibes! Remember my dream????? I guess I have at least a 50/50 chance of being right! Hugs to you and your family!!!!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

That is an absolutely fantastic ultrasound pic!! Ethan's was like that. Isabella would not cooperate. How totally exciting!!!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

So cool! What an amazing experience for you and Jonathan. I'm so glad he went with you. I can imagine the sureal feeling of being pregnant and having a baby. You both will be amazing parents, and I can't wait to be an aunt to my neice or nephew.
Big hugs.

2:13 AM  
Blogger MonaS! said...

What a beautiful picture. Glad to hear that you are enjoying this time! That little one is going to change your life in a way you can only imagine. You are going to love that little person in a way that you NEVER thot was possible. I can't wait for you!!! I am soooo excited for you.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yay! that is so exciting!! He or she looks so big already! LOL

8:35 AM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

So precious!!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Now how come no one told me to take a picture of the screen. It looks so real from the screen (or maybe it's 3-D ultrasound). Too bad you can't go back in time.

The journalling is fabulous and I can totally relate when I was expecting Micah. Enjoy your time alone now!!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember feeling that way with all of my ultrasounds... completely amazed!!

Take advantage of the time you have left as a couple - it will be a distant memory in a few years - and sleeping in? forget about it! :)

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post is very beautiful Heather. Love the first photo of your little one - it is so precious. Thrilled for you and Jonathon and Crystal too!

Elia

1:24 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

I can tell already that he/she is going to be totally adorable!! Isn't the ultrasound an amazing thing?

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home