Monday, July 10, 2006

some more scrapping...

I played around some more this weekend. I did some things that I haven't done in a while - stamping with versamark and then chalking! It was so fun - I might have to do that more.
I've had this photo sitting around for quite a while now and decided it was time to scrap it. I actually had the quote on the vellum on the photo a long time ago, attempting to do something with the photo for a different layout but I didn't like how it was turning out so I packed it away. I pulled the photo out again on Saturday and here's what I came up with. Stamps and patterned paper are Fontwerks. I am in love with those stamps!!!! YUMMY shapes! The letters (rub-ons and metal ones) are KI Memories.
And I just have to say, doesn't my mom look amazing?! I always get comments about how young my mom looks and it's so true. She has aged so well - I hope I have inherited those genes! ;)
The rest of the weekend was very relaxing, which was nice because the next few weeks are gonna be crazy busy. We're moving next Monday and are gone this coming weekend for DH's grandma's 80th birthday celebration. I have this cute black dress that I wanted to wear but I searched through all of our clothes last night and I cannot find it anywhere. I'm so sad. I have no idea what I'm going to do now. I have a cute top that I could wear but nothing to go with it and I don't really want to go shopping. Sigh... what's a girl to do?!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

That is a wonderful picture of your mom! I am sure you also inherited those "aging" genes!! Lucky lucky you!!

Go shopping missy!! Pregnancy clothes staples - black top and pants and skirt = a million different looks! Those three pieces can carry you a long long way, and through multiple pregnancies!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

I LOVE this photo of your mom!! And so glad to see you scrapping again - I love your work!
And take Carm's advice - she knows best! :)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Good luck finding something to wear! I think Carm knows what she's talking about and this is probably a good time to look for something black. Wish I could come shopping with you!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

your mom is gorgeous(inside and out!) as are all of her daughters!! You guys have been blessed with incredible genetics!! Gorgeous LO Heather!!!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home