Monday, July 03, 2006

I am an Auntie!!!!!

YAY!!! My sister had a baby girl on Friday, June 30th at 2:18pm. Her name is Meadow Hope and she weighed 6lbs 9 oz. We managed to get up for a very quick visit yesterday on my birthday and it was the perfect birthday present. She is absolutely GORGEOUS, I am totally in love with her!

She loves to sleep on her daddy's chest and she is already a little daddy's girl! It is SO sweet to see!
I am so happy for these two, Naomi and Jerry. It is so awesome to see them as parents. My sister is absolutely amazing - bfeeding is going so well for her (she was feeding Meadow and eating dinner with us last night and Meadow is only 2 days old!!!) and she has become such a beauiful Mom.
And yes, now I am so excited to become a Mom myself. It's a good thing I'm already pregnant because they baby fever is out of control now! ;)

On Saturday we spent the day hiking up to a lovely wildflower meadow. I kept thinking it was rather appropriate considering my niece, Meadow, was born the night before. It was a great hike - 16 km so I was tired afterwards.

Jonathan snapped a couple photos of me at 21 weeks. I wanted our kids to see some day that their mom was still hiking when she was pregnant!
After our hike we met up with my sister-in-law, Rachel and her fiance in Banff for dinner. It was so good to see them again and dinner was amazing.
So it was a busy but very good weekend! :)

13 Comments:

Blogger Just Rhonda said...

You are stinking cute pregnant!!! Look at that little belly! I LOVE it! And those baby photos are soo cute! So wonderful!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I love the picture of you in the mountains! I'm so glad you got to meet Meadow yesterday. Hope you weren't too tired driving home.
((( Hugs!)))

8:18 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

She is so, so cute!! Congrats Auntie!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations! Your niece is gorgeous!

Love, love, love that photo of you that Jonathan took-- it is absolutely beautiful (as are you!)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

She's gorgeous! WOW! I love her name too!

And that photo of you in the mountains is so AWESOME - can't wait to see the LO!

7:36 AM  
Blogger MonaS! said...

what a beautiful photo of you and baby. Looking at that photo I got goose bumps and a verse in Psalms came to mind. "You formed my inmost being; You knit me in my mother's womb. I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

9:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congrats auntie heather!!

Sounds like you had a great weekend - the hike sounded amazing!! And those pictures are terrific!! You look so cute! (and so does your little niece!)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Congrats on being an auntie!

You are too cute pregnant! I can hardly wait to see you at nne months!!! And your kids will love to know how active you were when you were pregnant with them!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Great pictures, Heather! She is absolutely gorgeous. When I talked to Na on the phone the other night I heard her gurgling and making all kinds of noise.
You look great at 21 weeks, and still hiking. Yahoo! We hope you had a great birthday weekend. I called and left a message, not sure if you got it. We are thinking about you so often, miss our time with you on these special occassions and just the every day stuff. See you in less than 1 month! Big hugs.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

You look absolutely adorable! Love that baby belly!

Wonderful photos of Meadow, H! She looks so content on Daddy's chest - Connor used to love to sleep there too!

Congrats again, to N&J - and I can't wait to see your little peanut!!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

awww I don't know who's cuter you or your new baby neice!! Gosh that photo of you in the meadow is beautiful!! as is your new neice!!
Congrats on becoming an auntie!!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on becoming an aunt! She's so sweet.

Look at how great you look with your little baby bump.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

You looks so cute with the bump. Good for you keeping up with the hiking. Those pictures of your neice are awesome.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home