Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tomorrow's Class


And here is the layout I'm going to be teaching tomorrow night at my LSS. I'm looking forward to it, now that most of my prep work is done. I'm not totally thrilled with this layout BUT that's okay. I've realized something about teaching recently. I have to create layouts/projects that the average scrapbooker can do. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE enlargements on my layouts. However, most people who are taking classes at our LSS, are probably not going to create many layouts with enlargements on them. And that is totally OKAY! It's different from what I like to do but that is okay and I'm learning that the class is not for me, it's for the students so I have to do/create things that work for them. And most of them want to bring their photos to the class and go home with a completed project OR go home and glue on their photos as soon as they get home so that their layout is completed. Anyway, that was like one of those 'a-ha!' moments for me! So that's why this layout has 5-4x6's photos on it. Now I must add that I really don't care much (okay, I strongly dislike) that photo of me and it wasn't supposed to be a part of this layout BUT last night I wanted to fix something and I TOTALLY ripped the photo of my dad that was there. (Sorry, dad, I didn't mean to rip your head off!) And I figured since I already had this one of me printed I would use it instead. DOH! Oh and it's hard to tell in the scan but I glued patterned paper to the back of the ornaments so it would show through (thanks to Mary for the idea)! And as an added bonus, there's a card using the scraps to go with the layout! So it's kinda two-projects-in-one (thanks again Mary for that idea!). Really, I do come up with ideas on my own, I promise!!!!!

The people in the photos are, L to R: me, my mom, my BIL Jerry (the soon-to-be-dad), Jonathan, and my brother, Darrin and his GF, Kelsey

So let me know what you think, okay? And for those of you out there that are teachers, feel free to pass along any tips, hints, ideas about teaching that might help me. This is a big change for me - I'm not a 'teacher' type. I wish I had inherited that from my mom though!

Oh and one more thing, I have 8 of the 10 HOF layouts done. I thought I had 9 done but have decided to make a few changes to one of them. The 10th layout is yet to be created. I'm feeling a bit stumped/stuck on it. EEKS!

9 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Penner said...

The layout is great, Heather!!! I really like it (I use a lot of 4x6s-- it's mostly how I print my photos!)
I wish I could come to your class-- that would be cool!!

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, I think your class is going to be GREAT...I have so many 4X6 photos that need to get scrapped...may lift this for one of them....also a great way to use up some of those MM embellies we have sitting around...

YOU ARE GOING TO DO GREAT :)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your LO Heather! You're right - that's perfect for most of the scrappers at an LSS. Simple design but lots of little extras - the stitched x's, the pp behind the clip and the ornament.
Congrats on being so close to finishing HOF. And try not to worry about the 10th LO. I bet an idea comes to you suddenly when you're at the grocery store, stopping in at the bank or out for a run. Good luck - I know you can do it!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Heather, you've done a fabulous job on this! WHat a great Christmas lo idea!! I love it and I'm sure your students will as well! WTG with finishing 9 out of the 10 hof entries, I am so excited to see them, one day... when you can reveal them!! woohoo!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love that LO and they will love it too! Great design and how cool that you are doing a card wtih it too! Have a great time.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice design and I love the B&W with the colors! Not so happy about my picture - you could have ripped mine instead!! OH, well - that's how I looked, I guess. Great ideas you've included and an extra card is always a bonus to have on hand. Have fun - trust yourself - you'll do fine! Let us know how it goes.
Love you lots,
Mom XOXOXOXOX

12:13 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Heather, I really like this layout, I have a hard time doing Christmas layouts and this is perfect. If I lived there, I would totally sign up, just to do this myself.

I'm sure you are a fabulous teacher, you just don't give yourself enough credit. Have a great time tomorrow.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your class sounds awesome!!!! :) Good thinking with the class - everyone has 4x6 photos to scrap!

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am stealing your idea to scrap "normal" sized photos for classes! I am sure your class was great - wish I could have been there!

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home