Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Some things that make me happy...

Okay, (geez, I think almost all of my blog posts start with that word) so I'm totally stealing this idea but I've seen several other bloggers post lists of their favorite things, things that make them happy, etc. and I thought it would be cool to do the same. So here's my list, right now:

Satsuma Body Wash from The Body Shop - this stuff smells so good, I want to eat it! I feel like I'm in a tropical location every morning (which could also be partly due to the fact that I'm still half asleep and dreaming). Although I must admit, upon typing the above statement, that I've never been to a tropical location so I have no idea if it smells like oranges or not but anyway...

CKUA A listener supported radio station that plays amazing, cool, different music. It's not your mainstream, 5 songs a day station. I love it!

A half-sweet hazelnut latte from the Bean Scene - a local coffee shop that uses Fratello Coffee, a local Calgary roasterie! Good stuff!

Scrapbooker's Bliss - my local scrapbook store and the store where I teach classes. The owners, Rose and Theresa, are AMAZING ladies! It is such a joy to walk into the store!

The work that the Servants Anonymous Foundation is doing. It is absolutely incredible - a very worthwhile cause to support. I bought an awesome toque and purse from them, made by some of the women in Nepal (part of the Serve Nepal project). It just blows my mind what these women have gone through and I'm so glad there are organizations like this one working to help them.

My husband's employer Samaritan's Purse - such an incredible organization. They are doing amazing work, touching so many lives and bringing hope to so many people. It is truly a blessing for both of us, to be affiliated with this organization.

And I think I'll leave it at that for now! What makes you happy?

11 Comments:

Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

What makes me happy... reading your blog every few days and sharing your thoughts and feelings even though I'm half way around the world. Knowing you are safe in God's hands, walking with Him and strengthening your relationship makes me happy. Thank-you for posting this blog.
I miss you so much. Big hugs and lots of love.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Mel! Being able to read your news and thoughts on such a regular basis makes me happy! Even though you are grown up I still like these conversations you have! Having such easy access to staying in touch with everyone scattered everywhere is the best!
Love you! XOXOX

10:43 PM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Love your happy list! I'll make my own later today. Thanks for the inspiration! ( And I agree with Mel too!)

7:16 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Loved reading your list and getting to know your better! BLogs are the neatest things!! I will go and make my own happy list, thanks for the inspiration Heather!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your list, Heather. I will have to think on my happy list....

11:49 AM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

It's great you can find happiness in lots of things! When you said CKUA, I thought you meant Creating Keepsakes University- Albums and I thought: "Oh, are you going?!" LOL

12:03 PM  
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

MMMI love satsuma body stuff too!!!! and the moon flower scent too!!! great post Heather!!!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

That is so cool that your husband works for SP! Hmmm, stuff that makes me happy - I could list more appropriate toppics but tonight it's merely a can full of Dr. Pepper. ; )

6:57 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

heather, your list is awesome! thanks for sharing!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Great list! Always great to think of what makes us happy! Focus on the positive.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the list and the peak into your life.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home