Friday, January 20, 2006

How my brain works...

or maybe I should say, doesn't work! Before I started this blog, I had hoards and hoards of ideas about what I would write about, how I would inspire my blog readers, how it would be deep and meaningful yet still funny and enjoyable, how others would look to me for my wisdom and encouragement. HA! Ya right! LOL! Seriously, I can be a bit of a dreamer. I have plans, ideas, thoughts, dreams and then there's reality. And so of course, as soon as I start my blog, I can't think of anything to write or am plagued with these thoughts, "no that sounds stupid, that's weird, people will think you're annoying with that, who writes about that?!, that could come across the wrong way," etc. etc. and so my blog sometimes remains inactive. And so does my brain. It's like freezing on this big test you're about to write. (Okay, so that might be a bit of a stretch, comparing my blog to an exam.) But that's just how my brain seems to work, or not work, sometimes.
Oh and another thing, I had all these amazing ideas of things that make me happy but when I went to write them out (see previous post), I couldn't think of them all. I got stuck. I felt like a deer caught in the headlights - well, that may be an exaggeration (which I might add, is a rarity for me - HA! Right, just ask my husband about that one. LOL!). But I couldn't remember them all. So I finished it up and wouldn't ya know it, the next day, I remembered the rest of them.
Hey, maybe I should start writing stuff down - making lists. Goodness knows, I have enough notebooks/journals lying around here (it's just a mild obsession of mine)!
So there you have it, a peek into my brain.
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I plan on finishing up my HOF entry (there, I said it, I'm entering! Why? One may never know but it's all part of those stinkin' new years goals I made - is it too late to change them?). Wish me luck! I think I need it!

11 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Penner said...

You're so funny, Heather! I really enjoy reading your blog and I never think any of those negative things. I find you funny, insightful and real. And I like you!!

You know I'm cheering for you for HOF!!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Heather, you're a hoot!! I think all of the same things you mentioned!! I love reading your blog and getting to knwo the honest to goodness real you!
No luck wishing needed for the HOF, your stuff is amazing!!! They'd be so lucky to have you and your amazing talent in their mag! (GO FOR IT!) Just remember to have fun while creating! and I can't wait to see it! :)

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, I'm withthe other girls...love reading your blog...actually you are on the top of my blog list..yours is the first one I read :)

GOOD luck with your HOF entry

10:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes when I read your blog I think we are so alike it's frightening! Love reading all your thoughts so keep it up.
And good luck on the HOF entries!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, you are so amazing! I love reading these entries because they are totally you. You make me smile and I understand your feelings - you are not alone in them. Thank you for choosing to share them with us - there are many of us on the same journey as you!
Good luck with HOF - you know that I love them and that I think they totally portray you. Someday your grandchildren are going to have a wealth of knowledge about who you really were!!
Love you lots,
Mom XOXOXOXOX

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog, Heather!!! I am right there with you on thinking I would have great and meaningful things to write about... and then not being able to think of any of them when it comes time to blog! LOL!

You didn't tell me you were entering HOF!!! YIPPPEE!!!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OH HeatherM...O Wise and brilliant one....please do not think we find you uninspiring and unwise...quite the contrary. We will continue to seek your advise and wisdom. You are profound and "ye shall continue to guide us"...you know why Heather..Cause you rock!!!! and we love you and your blog!

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK! Was that said all ready?

Good luck with HOF!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

you are so cute Heather!!!, you BLOG is always e fun one to read!!! you will rock with you HOF entries, no luck needed!!!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good luck! @HOF that is.

I feel the same way when I write my blog...I always get rid of half of the stuff because it might sound stupid. Thanks! Now I know I am not the only one! :)

12:25 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Heather I love reading your blog, even if I don't get to comment all the time,I find myself checking it out everyday, while I am drinking my coffee. You are very witty, insightful and all around creative writer. I find I am always smiling after reading your blog. Thank you for sharing your life with us. I feel like I've known you for years.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home