Monday, January 02, 2006

opening the gift

As some of you know I created 2 albums for my mother-in-law this Christmas. Actually, one was a gift for her 50th birthday back in May, but I never got the photos until August and some of the other additions until October so my goal was to have it ready for her by Christmas time, even though it was a birthday gift. The other album was the wine and dine journal which I posted photos of earlier on my blog.

She loved both of them. We didn't get photos of her opening the wine journal unfortunately. But we did get photos of her opening the other album. Her reaction to the 50th birthday album was incredible. I think it had a lot to do with the photos, which were from her birth until her 50th birthday. I have NEVER seen my MIL cry like she did when she opened it and she just kept on crying and laughing and crying some more. It was really, really cool to see. It definitely made this 'labor of love' worth doing!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad she enjoyed it! It definitely is 'one-of-a-kind'! You worked so hard and made it very special. Did you ask her to leave it to you in her will??!!

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love how the photos capture her emotions.... you definitely know that she appreciated all of your hard work - YEAH!!!!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool that she loved it that much! You can totally tell in the pictures that she adored it!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

I'm so glad she liked it so much! It definitely makes all the work you put into it worthwhile!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home