Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Powerful stuff.

I just re-read this quote my friend Mary sent me:

"'Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we subconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Marianne Williamson

I needed to hear that AGAIN today. Maybe I should just post this on my mirror at home and in the car. This week has been a tough one. This was a good reminder for me.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very powerful stuff - thanks for sharing that! What makes us do the exact opposite so often? We can be such strangers sometimes, can't we?
(((( HUGS )))) and blessings for the rest of the week!
Love you,
Mom XOXOXOXOXO

5:18 PM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

I LOVE that quote. I think it is one of the best things ever written. Hope that you get a better end of the week!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

I needed to hear that too! Thanks Heather for posting it!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

What a true and worthwhile quote; one that women need to read more often and meditate on. Have you read any of "Captivating" yet? It talks a lot about God's purpose for women, and how He wants to bring glory through us. It's a worthy read with lots of valuable things to think about. You are a beautiful and talented woman. I talk about you all the time, and how blessed I am to have such an important and special woman as one of my best friends.
Big hugs and tons of love, all the way from Taiwan.
Melinda

12:07 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

OH Heather, that is strong stuff! You've got my eyes all welled up! Thank you so much for sharing that! I think I will print that out and put it somewhere I can read it daily!!!
I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough week! praying for you! *hugs*

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I needed to read that again too, H. Thanks for posting - a good reminder!! ((HUGS))

9:15 AM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

This was quoted in the John Eldridge book I'm reading. Very powerful and eye-opening truth!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

What an awesome quote. I should print that out. I really need that right now. Praying your week goes better starting tommorrow.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Renee Camacho said...

This is such a wonderful quote - inspiring - thank you for sharing.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home