Monday, October 02, 2006

I've been listening to Paul Brandt's "I Still Do" on repeat for weeks now. I just LOVE this song - so romantic and so honest. I love it.
Here are the lyrics:

It's in the way you move me
The way you look right through me
Still brings me down to my knees
Every time you smile
And after all this time love
It's still hard to get enough
From the very first time I thought you were the one
Who'd make all of my dreams come true

I still do
I'm still amazed every time that we kiss
I still do
I'm never gonna stop feeling like this
Like the first time that I fell for you
I still do

They all might say we're crazy
Sometimes I think we may be
When I think about the way we
Live like life's a dare
I'd lay my life down for you
I'd do anything to prove it's true
I'd lay my life down for you

I'd do anything to prove it's true


So I decided that my last day of work will be October 19th. Wow, that is coming up quick. I was originally going to make it October 26th but I am finding it harder and harder to be at work. I find sitting one of the most uncomfortable positions for me right now. My legs ache, my belly pushes so hard on my diaphragm that it's hard to breathe, my back gets sore, my butt hurts and I feel rather unproductive so I'm going to take off a week earlier than planned. Plus I sat down on Saturday and made a list of all the things I want to do before baby arrives. YIKES!!!! It's a long one. Hopefully I'll be able to focus and get it all done. And the new girl I'm training to take over for me is just awesome. I think she's gonna do a better job than I do (not that I want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn). She's caught on really quickly, has a great personality and fits in great so that's taken a big load off my shoulders. So that means only 10 1/2 days of work left. I only work Monday - Thursday and next Monday is a holiday. WOW! That is just crazy to me.

I've been having lots of mixed emotions lately. I think it comes with the whole pregnancy thing. Part of me is filled with sheer excitement at the thought of our little one arriving, part of me is filled with sheer panic. I'm worried about labour, worried about what to actually do when the baby comes, worried about bfeeding, worried that I won't be able to handle the sleepless nights and crying. But then excited to meet the babe that has been growing inside of me, excited to add to our family and see Jonathan become a daddy, excited to be a mom, excited to experience this new love. So many emotions right now.

This past weekend was good. I had a great lunch with Mary and Rhonda on Friday - such good company and good food and so inspiring. I'm so thankful I have met so many amazing people because of scrapbooking.

Friday night I finished up my next class sample and prepped for a class on Saturday. The class on Saturday went well. The ladies were great and their layouts turned out so well. I always leave classes feeling inspired. It's funny - I wasn't expecting that when I first started teaching but it's happened. I love the way people interpret things and the little things they teach me and seeing their photos and hearing the stories behind those photos. It's so cool.

Saturday night we had some friends over that we went backpacking with in August and looked through photos. It was great to see them again. However, I realized that I'm missing 1/2 of our photos from that trip. I have no idea where they are. Um, yah, a little panic set in there. I need to find them. I've printed some of them so I know they are there, I'm just not sure where. I also realized that I have (please don't egg me) over 2000 photos on our computer and I've only burned about 250 of those to CD. So one of those projects to do before baby comes is organizing and burning ALL of those photos onto CD because I have this feeling that the number might just quadruple when baby arrives. ;)

Sunday, after church, I spent the afternoon making cards. I've been wanting to get a bunch of thank-you cards made before the baby comes so that's what I worked on. I got 15 done and it felt so good - used up some 'older' supplies and was so happy to clean up my stash a little.

So that's what's been up with me. We have lots of plans again this week - lots of friends who want to hang out before baby comes, another class on Friday night, and then we'll be heading up to see both of our families for Thanksgiving this weekend.

So please forgive me if I'm not updating the blog as much as I should be. It doesn't mean I've gone into labour and had the baby! I'm just SO crazy busy right now.

13 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Great post, Heather! It's good to see what you're up to. I hope your last few days at work go well (sorry to hear about how much pain you're in though!)
And thanks for the reminder to burn my photos to CD. I try to do at the end of each month, but I haven't done August or September yet.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Get those photos on disc - NOW!!!!! You don't want to lose a single one, my dear!

I'm glad you are taking a little time off before baby - I think it will be a good idea. And you never know who just might decide to arrive early!:))

3:58 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

I think it is totally smart to leave work a week earlier! Get as much rest as you can before that sweet baby comes. And don't worry so much. There is no parent manual. You have to learn on the job. And you will do a great job with it!! And your body adjusts. And before you know it, you will be a pro at being a mommy!! HUGS

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're smart to take that extra week and just have some time to yourself. Such an amazing time for you - enjoy it! Easier said then done but try to just stay in the moment and enjoy the details, because they are fleeting.

7:48 AM  
Blogger MonaS! said...

Great to catch up with you Heather! Definitely get those photos on disc - you will be heartbroken if you lose them. Sorry to hear that this last stretch of pregnancy is tough, but you are in the HOME STRETCH!!! Only a little while longer! The worries will come and go - you are going to be a great mom and you will be able to handle it all.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

heather, no need to worry - everything will fall into place once your sweet baby is with you!

=) hugs and hope the rest of the pregnancy is painfree

PS i can eat like 10 pickles at a time! we should share a jar when we get together!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Corey W. said...

So glad you're going to take some time to prepare. It will probably help you feel better about everything knowing you're ready. And don't worry so much, once the baby arrives you'll kick into "mommy mode" and everything will seem natural, even the sleepless nights!

Take care of you!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good call on leaving work early, heather... you will be glad you did - and who knows, you might have an early baby!! Don't worry about the sleepless nights... somehow you forget about it - I don't know how that happens, but it does. :)

And, get those photos on CD!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

You are a busy woman. Maybe that baby will slow you down. I'm glad you're taking a little time off before work, and will have time to get some things done before then. Have a great weekend visiting family. We'll be missing you, and wanting to be there. I might have to make a little Thanksgiving dinnner here. Perogies are popular here! Love & hugs.

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy! :) Good luck getting everything finished on your list. It must be so exciting knowing you're getting closer!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Heather you are going to be such a good mom! I know it. I can see it in you already. Someone told me before I had Alden that as long as I love my baby as much as I can, that with my mothering instincts will help me with any thing.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Just going to be a great mom and yes it will be work but oh so worth it. Good for you talking some time to get some things done.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Your last day of work is coming up so quickly. I'm so excited for you!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home