Saturday, September 16, 2006

It must be the weather...

combined with these crazy hormones but I have been rather domestic today and that really is not like me - just ask DH. I woke up, had breakfast, put Slow Cooker Lasagna in the crock pot for dinner, cleaned the bathroom, did a bunch of laundry, went grocery shopping (bought ingredients for Sweet and Spicy Lentil Chili) and now I have Peach Crisp in the oven and am about to start doing some ironing. Seriously, this is SO unlike me but I said to DH this morning that it must be the weather that is putting me in the mood to cook. That's one thing I love about when the weather turns cooler - yummy soups, stews and slow cooker recipes.
Tomorrow morning Jonathan flies to Virginia for a week for work. I'm going to miss him so much, especially since we've barely seen each other this week. He's been putting in so many hours at work and even had to work today. I'm sure the week will fly by and he'll be back before I know it. I've got lots of plans for the week so that will help. And I'm really glad he's not going away any later in my pregnancy.
I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

I agree - you are nesting! It's usually a sign that going to the hospital is coming soon. Hopefully it'll be a few more weeks. Can I come for supper??!

2:42 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Total nesting!! You busy little beaver!! And I hear you about the hubby going away to work... Trust me - the time really does pass quickly! Really, it does!!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Sounds like you're nesting, Heather! Your meals sound really yummy-- I'd love to come for supper sometime ;} !

6:05 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Yup nesting for sure. You know when your getting to clean the grum out of the kitchen sink that it's getting close.

Oh crock pot lagnasa. yum!!

Enjoy you time by yourself. Soon you won't get much of that time. Praying for safe travels for J.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

yum yum yum is about all I can say! Your cooking sounds delic!!! Love getting that feeling and energy! you're sure you're not nesting yet? ;)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Safe travels to Jonathon - hopefully your week will fly by!

BTW, nesting was the first thing that came to mind... :)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Sounds like a productive day! that is the great thing about nesting. You get so much done! Sure hope the week goes by quickly for you!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

aw! I hope that you dont miss your DH too much!! Keep busy with scrapping and cook some good food for yourself while he is gone.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home