Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Weekend Getaway

So we spent this past weekend in Jasper with our friends, Mark and Krista. It had been a year since we'd last seen them and it was SO good to connect again. Jonathan has known Mark for a long time now (before I was in the picture). He is a great guy and an awesome friend to Jonathan but I have to say, I'm a bit partial to Krista - she is AMAZING - beautiful, funny, caring, and so sweet. I'm so glad they have each other - they are such a great couple.
We went hiking on Saturday up to Bald Hills which happens to start at Maligne Lake and ends with a view of the lake. It was a 10km hike return with about 450m elevation gain. It was a great hike, not too long but dang, the elevation was brutal on me. I am having a bit of a hard time accepting limitations but I realized when we got to the top that I need to be careful and not overdo it. I came very close but was okay and am really, really glad I went. The weather was awesome but the sky was very smokey from the forest fires burning in BC and Montana. We could smell the smoke as soon as we opened the car doors when we arrived.
The rest of our time was spent hanging out at our little cabin, going out for dinner and coffee and a little walk around the cabin grounds that night. Of course, the weekend went by way too fast.
And with the way the next 2 months look, this was probably our last little trip away to the mountains before baby arrives.

14 Comments:

Blogger MonaS! said...

Baby is gonna happen soon - before you know it Looks like you had tons of fun!!! You are coming to Scrapfest right?! Can't wait to see you - we are staying at the hotel too - can't wait to hang out!!!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great pics! It looks beautiful!! And so do you!! Enjoy your next few weeks before the baby comes!!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Oh Heather, sounds like you had a fantastic time, good for you both to be out and enjoying your pre baby days.

You look fabulous my friend, wow!!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Fun weekend! I can't believe how adventurous you are, and how much you can do. I'm proud of you and still getting out there. You'll have great stories for your kids. I'm glad you went once more for some time in the place you two love best. Miss you

11:52 AM  
Blogger Corey W. said...

Look at that adorable little bump! But you be careful momma!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Hey you be careful!!!!! And you look so stinking cute! Love that little baby belly.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Beautiful pictures!! I think your baby is going to be a climber, of some sort, with all the treks you've taken while you are pregnant. I'm glad the weekend was a good one for all of you!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Okay - you are just way too small to be due in two months!! You look so cute!!! Gorgeous pictures!!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are crazy girl! I can't believe you're still hiking. I'm getting so excited for you!!

You have been taking some amazing pictures. You are so talented!

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great photos! Isn't it great to reconnect with friends? So glad you had a good time!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like you better be investing in one of those metal framed backpacks for the baby. He/she will just be strong enough for one next summer. Glad your enjoying the time while you can.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos. Look at you and baby climbing away. Woo hoo.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a great time! I just moved to Edmonton and I can't wait for the chance to get to Jasper!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Look at you hiking with that little belly! Totally adorable!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home