Monday, September 25, 2006

Why is it that weekends just seem to fly by so quickly?!?!?! Honestly, it always seems like Monday is here before I know it and I'm back at work wishing it was still the weekend.
I had an AWESOME weekend! I was up in Edmonton and area for the weekend. I spent some time on Friday with my great aunt and uncle, who so generously put me up for the weekend. They are 2 of the kindest, sweetest people I have ever met - so full of energy and life and joy. I love being with them.
On Saturday, I was at Scrapfest. I met up with a bunch of online friends and it was SO cool. I first met up with Caroline and Melissa. I've known both of these girls for a while now through scrapbooking and was SO happy to finally meet them both. They are even sweeter, funnier, and nicer than I imagined them to be, if that is possible.
I also met Mona, who I know from my time on the DT at Scraptivity
and Lea, who also hangs out at Scraptivity. They are both so nice and sweet. I met Melissa Chapman as well but didn't get a photo on my camera. I think she got one so I'll have to get her to email it to me. And I met Jayme too - she was part of the brains behind the whole show - she is a sweetie!
I also managed to meet up with my friend, Theresa, who just happens to be one of the owners of the store I teach at in Calgary, Scrapbooker's Bliss. We took one of Ali Edwards' classes together. I'm so glad I got to sit beside her and she helped me through all my mess and confusion. Ya know for someone who teaches classes, I have a hard time following directions! LOL! Thankfully, I managed to save my project before ruining it completely.
Speaking of Ali, she is AMAZING - so real, inspiring and down-to-earth. She's just like she is on her blog except funnier - she has an awesome sense of humor. Her class was so inspiring. She is so inspiring. I just wanted to sit there forever and soak it all in. The class was called: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Always and we made a little mini-book with the Making Memories 4x4 mini-books. They are very cool. I hope to finish it up in the next little bit and then I'll post it for you all to see.
I think the highlight of my weekend, while there were many, this one just might take the cake, was meeting Melissa. We've been emailing back and forth for a while now and she is just so awesome! We have lots in common and to me, just kinda seemed to click. Meeting up in person, in Edmonton of all places, was so, so, so good. I WISH we lived closer. I know we would hang out lots. She's totally full of life and energy and dang, is she ever funny! (have you noticed a trend here, I'm thinking I really like funny people!) She is also incredibly generous. She did a maternity shoot for me and I'm so excited to see the photos!
I also spent some time at the Fontwerks booth. Holy cow, those girls ROCK (and so do those stamps)! Kate, Kah-Mei and Melissa are a hoot yet still so darn nice and funny and sincere. When I started the 100 layout challenge, I gave myself permission to go shopping at Scrapfest with the money I had made from teaching classes in September. I know it might sound kinda like cheating but I knew that if FW was gonna be there, I was gonna be shopping. It's not always easy to find their stamps around here so I stocked up. I am SO excited to get scrapping now - some yummy new goodies and a dose of Ali and I'm ready to go!
Whew! Sunday was my Grandma's 80th birthday. I'm so glad I was able to be there for the celebration. She is a beautiful lady, both inside and out. She's like a rock yet so humble and patient and caring. I love her dearly and am so glad she is my Grandma!
And after what felt like a pretty long drive home on Sunday, I got to see my husband, who was away for a week! Ahhhhhh, so very good to have him home again. He surprised me by cleaning the entire place and doing laundry before I came home. I just love him so much!

16 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

I LOVE all your pictures!! Wow - you got to meet some cool people! Isn't it just so amazing and such a blessing how the SB community is connected online and then when you meet in person it's even better, like you've known them forever? It just blows me away - and I love it! You were a lucky girl!!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am such a tool!!! i even saw kate teague in the fontwerks booth and could not for the life of me figure out why she looked so familiar! ah! and i didn't even take any pictures!!! now i feel extra silly!!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Looks like you had such an awesome time!!

8:09 PM  
Blogger SmileyCarrie said...

Your pictures are great... sounds like you had a great time!!!! Happy Birthday to your Grandma too!!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Great photos, Heather! Sounds like you had an amazing weekend!!

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! Look at how cute you are in all those pictures! It sounds like you had an amazing time - how exciting to meet so many awesome people!!

I cant wait to see your mini album from the class!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend. I am totally jealous! And I can't wait to see your prego photo shoot!!!

6:01 PM  
Blogger MonaS! said...

It was sooooo much fun to hang out with you!!! You have the cutest little belly! I love ya Heather! I love the photo of your gramma! Glad you had a wonderful time - she looks like a beautiful woman too!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

You look awesome, Heather! And looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to see what you do with the FW stamps... :)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

heather, i am so glad that we finally got to meet! you were so cute - and definitely, melissa is awesome!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend, busy but packed with seeing so many awesome people. You look fantastic, and are still sparkling. What a sweet surprise from Jonathan, an great to see him after the week away. Miss you and love you lots.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Wow you had a very full weekend, and met some very amazing woman and reaquainted yourself with others.

Can't wait to see the layouts you create with all your new goodies!!!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, it was a great pleasure to finally meet you - and thank you so much for pitching in for the M&T - it was great how you just fit in. Can't wait to see the pics as well. Hope to meet again soon! :)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend and Happy Birthday to your Grandma.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an awesome time. Look at all the lovely ladies in the photos. I'm tres jealous.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Very cool! I was there as well!!

You don't know me...but I am in Calgary. I will have to stop by Scrapbookers Bliss!

Happy Creating!

Jennifer

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home