Sunday, June 11, 2006

Someone's having a party...

and that someone is the baby!!! I felt the baby move for the first time when we were in Radium last weekend but wanted to be sure that's what it was. I wasn't expecting to feel it so early but this week I've felt a lot more movement. This morning at church this babe was having a party! After the service, I said to Jonathan, "I think we're in trouble already. The baby was partying in church." I wonder if this is a sign of things to come - not being able to keep this one still in church! I guess we'll see.
Today was the most I've ever felt him/her move so far. It was absolutely amazing. I just wanted to start giggling but I managed to keep myself composed.
I got to spend a little bit of time with my mom on Thursday night. We met up in Red Deer and did a little bit of shopping. She spoiled me, again. She got me some really cute maternity clothes from Old Navy. Seriously, I am going to be more in style now that I'm pregnant than I was before. I rarely spend money on clothes because by the time I got shopping for sb supplies, my budget is spent. But with the clothes mom bought and the clothes I've gotten and will get from others, I am gonna be stylin'! ;)
Thanks for all the kind comments and advice you left on my last post. I'm doing much better now - especially because I'm starting to look pregnant. I still need to get a photo of me. I might have to put DH up to it this afternoon.
Oh and one other thing, we have decided not to find out the sex of the baby. We're going to wait and let it be a surprise.
It does seem though, that we have a boy and a girl name picked out now. I never thought we would agree on a boy's name but I think we've got it. The only thing we're still discussing is the spelling but we've got lots of time still. Now we just have to wait and see what my sister names hers. I don't think they will end up using one of the names we have picked out but you just never know. We're keeping them a secret. I think it's much more fun that way.

15 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Oh, feeling that movement is such a special thing! It's a way for you to know that this little person is really developing and growing and that's so reassuring. You must take a picture of your belly!! Love you lots!

Thanks for shopping with me!

1:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

haha! You have a trouble maker on your hands already! That is so cute. Yay for new clothes, too! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Feeling the baby move is such an incredible experience! What a wonderful Mom you have, I bet you will be one super stylish Momma-to-be! :) What a great weekend you had.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so cool! Your mom is such a sweetheart - I'm sure the new mat clothes look awesome.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

hooray on feeling the baby move! Isn't that the absolute best feeling??
SO much fun to wait to find out! I can't wait to her his/her name!!!

11:02 AM  
Blogger MonaS! said...

The most exciting thing is when the baby starts moving. What a fun time for you! WHOO HOO - what a fabulous mom you have! She's gonna be as wonderful a gramma as you will be a mom! Sounds like a fabulous weekend. Enjoy this time.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PARTY IN THE HOUSE! Or I guess that should be PARTY IN THE WOMB!!!!! Oh Heather, these posts make me feel happy for you! COngratulations again!!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

It sounds so cool to have all that movement, and to know it's a baby growing and developing inside you. I'd love to see a picture of you, and how that belly's starting to grow. I'm glad you went shopping for some new treats with Mom. I know she was really thankful to get together with you. I'll be home in just over a month to rub and touch, and feel those strong kicks. Maybe he/she'll be an athlete, and is just getting started in your belly. :) Love you.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

So cool! I miss feeling the baby move inside me-- what an awesome feeling! Glad your mom is spoiling you, you deserve it! Names already? Are you going to share?

7:06 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

How cool! That's the best part about being pregnant... well, that and being able to eat ice cream everyday! :D Big hugs to you and your little preggo belly!!!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Oh Heather, that is very exciting news. I remember when I felt my girls move. I loved it!!!! It is the most exciting part of being pregnant (other then hearing the heart beat of course). I loved it so much, I was sad when they were born, no more movements. Sometimes I sit and reflect and wish for those times again.... then the girls come bounding into the room and bring me back to reality!!!!

Oh the joys of pregnancy!!!!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until your belly starts taking on subhuman shapes with the movement - it is hilarious!!
I, too, had a stylin' pregnancy wardrobe.... and was sad that I only got to wear it one season! LOL! So glad your mom took you out. I remember my mom getting me a few new things about 6 weeks before my due date - I was so sick of what I had been wearing and it was fun to have some new stuff. :)
You must get some pictures!!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh I love that flutter feeling. Micah was like that too in church. I thought it was because Grandpa was speaking and he recognized his voice partly. I think it's mostly because you are sitting down and then are not soothed to sleep with your motion.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

I am SO annoyed that you are keeping the baby names a secret!!!!!!!! URGHHHH!

Are you sure you don't wanna tell me?? Huh, huh??

12:13 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

I can't believe you're halfway already!! How awesome to feel the baby move - such a wonderful feeling, especially those first movements!!

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home