Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A beautiful weekend

We had a fantastic time in Radium this past weekend, celebrating our 7th anniversary. I can't believe how quickly the years have flown by. We have had lots of ups and downs but I am so happy to say that we are more in love now than ever (and yes, I am a romantic, so is DH!).
This past weekend was so relaxing. It was perfect timing, with the move and all that stress, to get away and sleep lots and be outside, breathing fresh air and hiking. We both absolutely LOVE this area, especially north of Radium (which is actually where we stayed, in a small, very rustic bungalow in a small town called Brisco). The mountains, flowers, Columbia River, all the birds, the trees, everything, it is just so gorgeous there.
Here are some of my favorite photos from the weekend:
We had a hoot trying to get a good photo of the two of us together. I used the tripod but the lighting wasn't great and it was quite windy out so we ended up with more funny photos than good ones. Oh well, that's what memories are made of, right?!
Wild roses filled the ditches in the valley as we walked and drove. You could smell them as soon as you opened the car window. They were absolutely beautiful!!
When we went hiking on Saturday, we came upon a patch of glacier lilies lining the side of the path.
All of the photos I took in manual mode and I haven't done any editing (except for resizing). I played around a lot with the aperture this weekend - so cool to be learning more about my camera!

8 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

You are becoming such a great photographer!!! I love the picture of the 2 of you, especially captured in one of your favorite places. ((( HUGS )))

4:44 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

I'm so glad you went away together. Next year you'll have to take baby with you hiking. The pictures make me long for Alberta summers, long and filled with sunshine. Happy Anniversary!
Love you.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Those are some amazing photos Heather. WOW, and I agree with your Mom you are becoming a very talented photographer.

Congratulations on 7 wonderful years together!!!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend and your photos are fabulous!!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great photos, Heather! Sounds like you had a great time on your trip - the photo of the 2 of you is awesome with the mountains in the background!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are getting so amazing with that camera! I have some cleaning to do in our kitchen tonight and then I'm going to sit down with the photography book that I bought months ago and haven't opened yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. And that pic of you too isn't goofy at all.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and beautiful photos!!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Take in those just the two of you moments as much as you can. It gets harder when baby comes.

Congratulations on 7 years.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home