Saturday, May 27, 2006

Saturday

Today I taught a class at the LSS. It went well, I think. I always come away totally inspired when I spend some time with other scrapbookers. It was so cool to see all the different ways the ladies 'do' the layout. I saw some amazing photos and that was so inspiring. I can't wait to have some kid photos to scrapbook!!!!
I thought I would share this layout I did a coupld months ago. I did it for the Maya Road contest about 'my journey' and was inspired by the 21-day challenge and how I really feel that coming to love myself has been a lifelong journey for me.
Thanks to Mary for the photo of me! I handcut the title and layered it inside of a MR chipboard heart. I used tacky tape and glitter for the background of the heart. The Bazzill envelope holds the journaling and I used an Inkadinkado text stamp to stamp the envelope. The patterned paper is Heidi Grace, ribbon is MR, and there's sewn border around the edge of the green cardstock.
I've been feeling pretty stressed out this past week, having a hard time accepting that we have to move and it isn't when I want it to be. Yes, I admit, I like to do things when I'm ready and well, I wasn't quite ready for that. So I think I'm going to go for a run and then spend some time scrapbooking tonight. I hope that will help me get rid of some stress.
Oh and just a little pregnancy update. I'm no longer fitting into any of my pants. Well, I can still fit but not comfortably and not when I have to sit in a chair for 8 hours a day with a button digging into my belly! I haven't gained any weight (according to the scale) but dang, my body is not the same shape it was 3 months ago! I guess that's a good thing now that I'm 16 weeks. I still have lots of people telling me that they still can't tell I'm pregnant. I'm sure in a few weeks that won't be the case any more. I'm looking forward to feeling the babe move and the ultrasound - just a few more weeks until all that happens. :)
And just a little p.s. - thank you all for your kind, encouraging comments. I know deep down inside that this move will be for the best but it's still rocking me. HUGS!

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your apartment! Hopefully you guys will find something that suits you even better.

Cool to hear that your pants don't fit anymore. That's not something I'd usually say to someone but it's amazing to hear about all the changes that mean you have a little person growing inside you.

Big hugs this weekend. Enjoy yourself scrapbooking and I'm here if you need to vent or decompress.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Have fun relaxing and thinking sbout nothing tonight! Remember - you 're never given more than you can handle. YOu are going to find a perfect place for the 3 of you!
Love you tons! XOXOXOXOXOX

8:02 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Hi Heather, that is a beautiful LO! i love it! I can relate about barely fitting into stuff but now it is my maternity stuff LOL - I am too close to go out and buy anything else so i think that I will suffer through this week!

Everything will work out with your move - just have faith. There are great things awaiting you and your family!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

All work out just hang in there Heather.

So exciting to hear your growing. Totally understand the 3 month prolems. Your old clothes don't fit and the pregancy ones are way too huge. Get one pair of some drawstring or elastic pants. They will be good for after the baby too as it will take a while to get back to your old body.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

I love this picture of you, and the layout. What does the journaling say? I'm always so curious about what you're up to. I'm so excited about your growing belly. I can't wait to see you and rub it! :) I'm praying for all three of you as you prepare for moving, and figuring out the next place to go. God is so good. "The Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
Big hugs and lots of love.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Hi Heather. Just a tip from a Martha Stewart baby magazine: If you attach a hair elastic through the button hole of your pants and loop it onto the button, you can gain some extra room in your waist.

Hope it helps!

Sorry about the stress you're feeling. I'm praying for you!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

Isn't that cool...you are looking for a place for the three of you! I'm sure you'll find a great one!

And for your pants...take an elastic band and slip it through your button hole and then slip both sides of the elastic over the button and you can wear them for a few more weeks. If you have a longer shirt no one will ever know. :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

*big hugs* Praying that you will find the PERFECT new home for your new family! Something better than you even imagined! yay for not fitting into your pants! Never thought you'd be excited about that! Those flutters will be coming very soon! With Bree I didn't feel until 19 weeks, ian at 16... :) Loving hearing your updates too!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout Heather, and try not to stress, things have a way of working out.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the layout - awesome photo of you, too!

I can't believe you are wearing normal clothes at 16 weeks... girl, I was so not able to do that! LOL! I can't wait to see pics of your growing belly!!! (and I told you... no worries... you are moving to GR!)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

need to see some pics of your lil' belly!!!!

hang in there sweetie! You know what they say: when one door closes, another opens. So so true. I know this but most of the time I am staring at the closed door, trying to figure out if I can pick the lock...

8:18 PM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

i LOVE that page. it is so awesome. The photo and all of it. And I sure hope you find the right place to live!

7:16 AM  
Blogger sharma said...

Congratulations on the WONDERFUL news! enjoy being pregnant and the anticipation of waiting to meet your baby!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home