Saturday, May 13, 2006

Alrighty...

since I have zero desire to scrap right now, I thought I'd play around in PS! Well, okay, the truth is, I was finally getting around to editing the photos I took of my sister in March and well, I got bored so I went blog surfing and found Jessica Sprague's blog. I have long been a fan of her work - she is incredibly talented! Anyway, she does these amazing PS tutorials on Fridays and I finally decided to take the time to try one of them.
Here's what I came up with.
Jonathan just took this gorgeous photo this morning and I fell in love with it. I had to use it for the tutorial - which was creating a border by doing a layer mask (sorry if I'm butchering the PS terminology). I've only ever added borders using brushes so this was new to me and hokey dinah, it is SO much easier to do once you figure it out!!!!
Hmmmm, maybe this is what I'll spend the next 6 months doing! LOL!
Actually, last night Jonathan and I were in MEC last night and we started talking with another couple there while Jonathan was looking for a book. The conversation eventually came around to photography and we found out that the guy has the same camera as us (DRebel XT) and he started giving me all these amazing tips on taking better photos. It was AWESOME! So I decided last night that I really need to learn more about my camera before the baby comes. So I'm thinking that is just something else I'm going to spend some time learning in the next 6 months too!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Oh my heck!!! When I first read that I thought...she's having a baby!!! Then I remembered your sister is and so I kept reading. then I scrolled down to see if I'd missed anything and Saw your layout! Congrats! You will have one super cute baby!!!!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

Do share these tips to take better photos! I could use the help too!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love the hear the tips too! Love the border, I'll have to try that, and I'm envious that your blossoms have bloomed.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That looks great Heather!! Thanks for the great blog link too!!

I hope your scrapping mojo comes back soon!! :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Funny I just found her blog the other day and haven't played yet. Now I should go look again.

Yes any tips for better pictures should be shared.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks so much for sharing Heather!! I just tried it on a new favourite photo of mine, off to post on my blog!!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home