Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Photos from the Weekend

So I decided to take Melissa up on a challenge this weekend - to take some photos! Here are a few of the ones I took. I shot all of these photos in the Av mode, changing my aperture to get a different look. On Saturday, the weather wasn't very cooperative. It was freezing cold and sooooo windy. But my Mom and I headed out to a couple greenhouses anyways, bought some plants and snapped some photos. Here they are in all their unedited glory!

On Sunday, my MIL invited me to go with her and my SIL to the Devonian Botanical Gardens. I was totally pumped that I would get to take some more photos. However, my camera, along with my car keys were locked in our car and Jonathan was out golfing with the other set. So while I did get to go and enjoy the Gardens, I didn't get to take any photos. Hopefully, I'll get to go again another day.
I did snap this photo later that day of one of the baskets at my in-laws place.

I spent some time reading through my camera manual again this weekend and wow, I am just blown away by all my DRebel is capable of. It's AWESOME!!! So here's to many more photo ops this summer!
Oh and p.s. Guess who started a blog?!?! I'm so happy!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yay! Your photos look great!! I espcially like the last one - the focus in front and blurred in the back - awesome!!

I took some too, although my 'subject' was not as patient!! I will post tonight after work.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I like your flower pictures! You were more successful with the look we were trying for. Too bad about missing the Gardens photo op! It was great spending the day with you on Saturday. Please come again soon!!
Love you!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun day - even if your camera was locked in the car.... urgh!!!!
How fun that your mom started a blog!!!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are gorgeous pics! We did a bit of gardening this weekend too. I'd love to see pics of your baskets. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with this whole gardening thing.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics Heather! That's what I need to shoot, flowers, they stay still for longer than kids!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Great photos, Heather!!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Beautiful pictures, and plants. Boy, we miss Canadian colours. We have lots of green shades and some flowers, but the humidity really kills things in the summer. Yah, and we're into the rainy season, as if it wasn't rainy before, so finally sunshine today after a week of rain. Hopefully, I get my run in before more comes down. Just wanted to share with you. I love you so much. Big hugs!!!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Awesome photos. Glad you had fun with your mom.

I have already stalked your mom's blog.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home