Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Whirlwind Weekend...

Whew! We had an amazing and busy weekend. We headed up to the Edmonton area to spend some time with our families. It was so good to see so many people again.
Friday night my sister had us over for dinner along with my parents and one set of grandparents. My brother and his girlfriend showed up a bit later and my sister who is in Taiwan phoned!! It was SO good to just be together and chat and laugh and share. I love and cherish those times so much.
And look at my sister's belly!!! Doesn't she look amazing?!?! She's 31 weeks right now. It's hard to believe that in the next 7-10 weeks she'll have a little one! YAY!
Saturday morning and afternoon we spent some time hanging out with my parents and then Saturday evening we headed over to Jonathan's parents for dinner and a visit with some friends. It was really nice.
Sunday was Jonathan's mom's birthday so his sisters and a couple of his great-aunts came out for dinner. It was delicious. Jonathan's mom is an amazing cook!
Then Sunday night on our way home, we stopped at my other grandparents' place for a little visit. My grandma had just come home from the hospital where she had back surgery earlier this week. It was so good to see them too. It's tough though to watch them get older. They've been such a huge part of my life and have always been so active and healthy (and for the most part they still are) but I just want them to stay young forever, ya know?!
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family!

10 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Glad to hear that you had such a great weekend and that you have such a wonderful family!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Oh Heather it sounds like you had an amazing weekend, and spending it all with family is truly a very special.Kind of makes me yearn for my visit home in the summer. I know exactly how you feel when you talk about your grandparents getting older. I too wish my grandparents could stay young forever.It is hard to go back home and see how much they've aged since my last visit... hmmm maybe I need to call them and chat a little more often.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You packed a lot into just 2 days!! I know that we all loved seeing you both! Come again soon - and thanks for the gorgeous flowers!!
Love you,
Mom XOXOXOXOX

6:18 PM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

You two look like twins! (Minus the belly)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Look at those beautiful sisters of mine. You both look so great. It sounds like the weekend was great. I'm glad I got my phone call in. I'm also really thankful that you stopped to see Grandma. She probably loved you stopping by. You're so thoughtful.
Love you lots. Hugs.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Cute photo!! Sounds like a great weekend! Makes me miss my family!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend Heather! It is so good to just catch up with family sometimes.

And it looks like you will have to head back in not too long to see the new family member! How exciting!!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

I agree with Mary...you and your sister look like twins! Glad you had such a fabulous weekend!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a perfect weekend. And, you look exactly like your sister!!! (she looks amazing, by the way)

4:43 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Your sister looks fabulous. WOW a whirl wind weekend is right. Totally understand what you mean about you want your grandparents to stay active for a while. I have 3 or 4 of my grandparents and they are all in their 90's. I'm totally cherishing every time we meet

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home