Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Weekend Update

So the first class of the day for us was with Donna Downey. This woman is amazing. She is so funny, so full of energy and so down-to-earth and friendly. Her class was this mini envelope book - it's from one of her books and is really cool. The best part of the class was when she shared her mantra, "you are perfect just the way you create" and then she said "so for the next 2 hours you are perfect. There is no such thing as a mistake, it's a creative opportunity." Holey cow! It was so liberating - just what I needed to hear. I've been putting so much pressure on myself to be perfect and she totally freed me from that.

Our next class was the Cactus Pink class with Candi Higley and Kristy (can't remember her last name). They are the two girls sitting in the front row of our class photo. It was a little all about me album. It was an 8x8 piece of chipboard with 8 4x4 pieces attached to it that flipped open - super cool and their paper is GORGEOUS! They also have the coolest matching brads, rub-ons and rubber stamps. These ladies were awesome and I LOVE their product.

Then we took the Heidi Swapp class taught by Janet Hopkins and Kara Wylie. We made this super cool fold-out frame book using their pink and brown frame kit. It was such a cool idea and I've eyed those frame kits so many times but never knew what to do with them. HA! Now I want to go and buy them ALL!!!!! So yah, those classes definitely sell product, that's for sure. Janet was a riot - so funny! This class was really cool, they just guided us along rather than telling us what to do so it gave us lots of room for creative freedom. And yep, this photo is on my mom's camera.

The next class was with Becky Fleck from Basic Grey using the new Urban Couture line = drool = gorgeous! We used one of the Bazzill accordian albums that comes in a cool holder. It was awesome! And that Becky is a hoot! She is totally hilarious! She tells the funniest stories and she made me fall in love all over again with BG! Yet another photo that is on my mom's camera.

Then the final class was with Danelle. WOW! I have been a fan of hers for a long time but this class just blew me away. Her product is SO AMAZING. I want ALL of it now. I can't even express how much I loved it all. And she is so sweet. We made a travel tag book using her canvas tag book, transparencies, papers, rub-ons, and stickers. She had those bags jam packed full of stuff. It was like Christmas. We also did an altered clipboard in her class too. YUM! I think product-wise this was my favorite class.

Whew, it was quite the weekend. It was just awesome to hang out with so many amazing ladies who love scrapbooking as much as I do. It was especially awesome to hang out with Mary and Claire. The three of us teach classes at Scrapbooker's Bliss in Calgary.
We did lots of shopping and I am itching to use my new stuff. Of course, my mom SPOILED me again. She bought me the Designing with Digital and the Designing with Greetings books!!!! EEEEKKKKKSSSS!!! So happy about that. She also got me tonnes of other treats. Love her so much!
And we stayed at my great aunt's house while we were in Edmonton. This woman is incredible. She is one of the happiest, sweetest people I know. She generously let us come and go as we pleased, eat her food, and use her bathroom and bedrooms. I am so blessed to have her in my life.
I can't wait until the next one! ;)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So fun to see the pictures! Thanks for posting them. We'll have to get together and complete our little projects - sooner than June 24th. I haven't even unloaded all my bags of goodies. I am picking up my grandpa's digital SLR next month, so you can give me a little tutorial!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time!! Can I come along with next time? I'd love it if my mom would splurge and buy me scrapbooking stuff-- you are definitely blessed!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Send some pics of the things you made. I'd love to see your creations and the creativity juices that are flowing through your hands and mind again.
I'll have lots of pics to put in an album when I get back, so you may have to help me with the layouts. :)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Oh my goodness!! I am soooo jealous!!! I want to see a pic of all the goodies you made!! What an awesome opportunity!!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just brought back all the great memories!! I think this is one of the best things I have ever done - definitely creatively speaking! Thank you for sharing all the creative auras! I'm glad I can spoil you!! Enjoy! XOXOXOX

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm dying to see the class projects if you don't mind emailing them. I love Donna Downey and Danelle - was totally debating the cost of a plane ticket to Edmonton when I heard about the event.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh what a weekend. I didn't realize it was such a big event. What big names they got. Thank your mom for sharing her pictures.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home