Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday, Monday...

What a great way to spend a Monday - in the mountains with some awesome people! It was cloudy and cool but still so nice to be out. I snapped this photo at Lake Louise, mostly just to post on my blog! HAHA! It started pouring rain (with some snow mixed in) shortly after I took the photo but we were back on the bus at that point so I was warm and happy!
Afterwards, we headed back to my boss' place for a BBQ. I have to say, BBQ's are one of my absolute FAVORITE things about summer. You can feed me just about anything done on the grill and I'll be as happy as a clam. Now put me in front of the thing and it's not so good. I have this paranoia about food being well cooked and well, let's just say, hockey pucks probably taste better than my burgers. Thankfully though, Jonathan is one mean BBQer and I'm just fine with that.
Speaking of BBQ's, we got this monstrous BBQ for a wedding gift from our wedding party. However, we have never had the space to set it up and use it. So last summer, after we had been married 6 years, Jonathan wanted to have a BBQ to celebrate his graduation at his parents' house. They don't have a BBQ so we thought, it's about time we set ours up. So Jonathan and his dad planned to spend an hour setting it up the morning of the BBQ. I'm sure you can see where this is going. It came with the wrong screws. Okay, not too big of a deal, we got some other ones. It also came with the wrong instructions. So what was supposed to be a 1 hour project turned into a 4 hour project. I snapped this photo when they were almost finished setting it up. Yes, they were 'posing' for the photo but I'm sure there were a few times during those 4 hours where they actually felt that way! I'm just glad it was set up in time. ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Oh, Tyler and I almost started weeping at the picture of the mountains. We miss Canada so much. We keep looking at pics from home and reminising about all our experiences. I am a little envious about your job, but am so excited that you have found a place to work that is a supportive, cooperative unit bringing glory to God. Miss you lots. Big hugs.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Did you do a layout with your dad and hubby? It looks familiar!

I too, am fairly bar-b-q challenged-- but I love eating it!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you will not believe this, but when Paul put together our grill (which was a wedding gift as well) it took him all fricking day!! We got home from church and he thought he would put it together real quick like and we would grill for a late lunch.... hello... we ate at 9:00 pm!!!!!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Wonderful photos heather! love them. I miss those mountains sooo much.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh no. I hate it when there isn't all the right parts but then the wrong instructions too.

I'm bbq challenged too. Must be a guy thing I guess.

Oh the mountains are beautiful. I wish I could see those everyday.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home