Saturday, April 08, 2006

Day 21 - FINALLY!

Whew! I finally finished the 21-day challenge. It was a lot longer than 21 days BUT I did it and I'm really proud of myself for doing it. I'm printing off the comments left on each day of the challenge and putting them in a pocket on the back of the page of the day they go with so I will always be able to read them and be encouraged by them. Thank you ALL of your kindness and generosity and for sticking with me on this journey. I wish I could give you all a big hug!

So here's the final day...

The journaling reads: The 21-day challenge has taken me on quite a journey, a journey of self discovery, healing, awakening and change. It definitely has not been an easy journey but it has definitely been worth it. I have started to see myself in a different light, a new light, a good light. I have started to allow myself freedom, which is something I did not do before. Freedom to be myself, to express myself, to start to love myself, to find joy, and to start to dream. I have always been afraid to dream. I am afraid of failure and rejection and hurt and because of this, I have squashed who I was created to be and have actually hurt myself even more. So while I think I will continue to struggle to love myself, I believe I am finally on the right path, moving in the right direction, taking the right steps, doing the right things to get to the place where I am confident in who I am and not afraid any more.
(I printed the journaling on a transparency and used one of the HS masks on the back of the transparency.)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather the journalling is great...right from the heart. BIG HUGS to you and remember to think the best of yourself, becuase you really are a beautiful person inside and out...

HUGS
Lisa

4:31 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Congratulations Heather!!! You have completed all 21 days! What an incredible accomplishment! I have truly enjoyed reading and viewing your incredible work throughout this journey! I have been personally touched and moved through reading your words, and want to thank you for sharing something so personal and allowing that vulnerability to show. You have such a beautiful heart(and everythine else too)!
You are an inspiration!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing! Love what you wrote and I am so proud that you're seeing more in yourself of what we see!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

A HUGE congrats Heather on finishing the 21 day challenge. Your work is absolutely wonderful. I have really enjoyed sharing this journey with you and see that it has been profound for you. Way to go girl!!!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Beautiful Heather!! I am really proud of you!!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetheart - I am so proud of you for making this journey and for sharing it with us! You are an incredible woman! Thank you for letting me see inside your heart and soul. I love you very much!
Mom XOXOXOXOX

10:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is awesome!! Even though I dont really know you, I am still proud of you!! The whole journal/journey has been so fascinating to to through "with you" on this blog. Thanks for opening yourself up and sharing these things with us!!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

I'm glad the 21 day challenge has been such a good thing for you, Heather. Your journaling is so honest and inspiring! I also love what you did with the transparency and the mask-- very cool!!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome stuff here, Heather. Thanks for letting us be a small part of it all!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congratuations you finished it. I love the journalling. Glad that the journey has made you feel better about yourself. Your a wonderful person and don't forget that. God made you special and you should be proud of that.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

WOOOHOOOO! You did it! Congrats on a wonderful accomplishment and cheers to many many more! Love you, girlie!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Heather, I too am very proud of you for finishing this beautiful journey. You have learned alot on the way and I am very grateful that you shared it with us. You truly are a beautiful person and you've inspired me to do the same. Congratulations!!!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Woohoo!! Huge pat of the back from me for finishing!! I enjoyed reading your journaling, good for you! Keep going, your on a good path!

12:44 AM  
Blogger gudrun said...

Congratulations! You finished your 21 days! Good for you! You have done a awesome work on your journal.
I have really enjoyed to follow your journey even if i haven't left a comment...you know...some days to tired to even think of writing something in my poor english.... :-(
You have really been a source of inspiration. Thanks alot!!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home