Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Little update!

I was hoping to post some photos but of course I'm not able to - blogger isn't cooperating so I'll just do an update for now instead.
We're doing well. It's been an overwhelming and exhausting week but we're adjusting to having this sweet girl in our life. It's hard to believe she'll be a week old already tomorrow.
She's such a blessing, has a very sweet disposition and is eating like a champ.
I'm trying to sleep as much as I can when she sleeps so I've been neglecting so many things. If you've emailed me and I haven't gotten back to you, my apologies. Once things get into more of a routine and I start to feel somewhat human again, I promise to respond. I'm trying to enjoy every moment with Helayna because already it's going to fast.
It's amazing how much your life changes in that instant when your child is born. It's a beautiful, amazing, crazy, difficult thing. I keep on reminding myself that I'm not alone. So many have done this before and go on to do it again (although I must say, right now, I'm SO at the stage where we're only having one!!!!). And it's true, they really are SO worth it!

10 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

I'm glad to hear you are sleeping when she does -- that's really the best thing and it will make all the rest of the stuff go a little better. I can't believe she's a week old either - exactly one week ago your contractions were just starting!!!!
Love you lots - give H a big ((hug))) from me, please!

12:51 AM  
Blogger SmileyCarrie said...

Its wonderful to hear how happy you are. Congratulations again *HUG*

5:54 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like you are adjusting really well. Sleeping while she sleeps is the GREATEST thing to do for both of you. Glad to hear she is a good eater. It makes things so much easier.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

It gets better, I promise!! The best advice you probably got and have taken is to sleep when she sleeps - it makes all of the other new scenarios so much easier to handle when you aren't sleep deprived!
Can't wait to see more pics!!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Good for you for enjoying these moments!!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forget about the continual tiredness... I don't know how - but you do! :)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Yup so much changes in an instant. So enjoy it. I pray that your healing well and that you able to somewhat catch up on sleep (that won't happen totally for a while).

7:26 PM  
Blogger anita said...

Congratulations Heather!!! i missed your blog this past week and wow! She's here!!! Love the spelling of her name...she is beautiful!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Good that you are sleeping while she does!!!! So many women don't do that! Enjoy every moment - everthing else can wait!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that things are going well.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home