Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ode to Summer

Since summer is coming to an end, I thought I'd share some of my favorite things about summer. I'm going to miss it! Winter always comes far too soon in my opinion.

1. the longer days
2. fresh fruit - peaches, cherries, nectarines, blueberries, raspberries, plums, pears, I love them all!
3. hot weather
4. fresh herbs growing on my patio
5. wearing capris
6. thunderstorms with refreshing rain
7. ice cold drinks
8. eating dinner outside
9. going for ICE CREAM!!!!!!
10. warm walks down by the river
11. tank tops and tees (no jackets!)
12. hiking in the mountains
13. fresh veggies from the Farmer's Market - beans, baby potatoes, beets, carrots, peas, corn on the cob, garden lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers
14. sitting out on the patio at a restaurant
15. sandels and flip-flops
16. that cool, refreshing breeze at night
17. green grass, green leaves, green plants
18. the hot summer sun
19. blooming flowers
20. the smell of fresh cut grass
21. my first tomato plants - so many delicious tomatos this year!
22. late evening runs
23. summer sunsets
24. driving with the windows down
25. waking up to the birds chirping in the morning

7 Comments:

Blogger Just Rhonda said...

i think all of those apply for me as well. (Except #22) :)

4:02 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Great list, Heather!! There's your journalling for a LO, already done!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great list Heather - I am not a fan of winter, sad to see summer go...

8:45 AM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Yah, definitely summer favs. What about visiting sisters? Hehehe. We're back in NS. I'll call soon. Hugs.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Great list! I agree-- I hate to see the end of summer!

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer is definitely my favorite time of year - love your list!

12:08 PM  
Blogger SmileyCarrie said...

I especially love the ice cream part ;)

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home