Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Well, I've been meaning to update for a while now but just haven't been sure what to say. We spent the weekend with Jonathan's family. Friday night was a viewing for his uncle and then Saturday morning was the funeral. It was tough, not so much for me, although I will dearly miss his uncle, but for his family. There were so many times where I just wished I had the ability to take their pain away, to bring his uncle back, to make their family complete again. But I can't. Nobody can and it hurts. It's not fair that those kids had to lose their dad and it's not fair that his wife is now alone, a single parent, so much to face on her own. And I know that the hardest times are still ahead. I just pray that as family, we can surround them with loving arms and give them the support and help they need.
And it just blew me away that in the midst of their pain, they wanted to know more about the baby. How's the baby doing? When will he/she arrive? We can't wait to meet your little one. We need some life in this family. Blew. Me. Away.
Life is so crazy like that. Life and death. That cycle. It's made me reflective, as I'm sure it makes most people stop and reflect and reprioritize. It's caused me to think about what's important and who I am and what my life means.
It's also made me so tired. And Jonathan too. I've never seen him so wiped out before, ever. He gave the eulogy for his uncle. It was amazing, so beautiful. He has such a gift and I am so proud of him (as were many others). I think it was hard on him and now his body is exhausted, emotionally drained.
I've been very fortunate in my life to not have to experience any one close to me die. Sometimes it makes me scared of the future but I try not to live or dwell there. I try to take it one day at a time.
However, I think it is time to reprioritize my life.

14 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

oh Heather, I am saying some prayers for strength for you and Jonathan and his family. May God come into their hearts and replace their pain with his unending love. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through, but I can say a prayer or two for them.

Hugs to you all!!!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Hugs and prayers to all at this emotional time, Heather! It's never easy to lose someone, especially when they are so young and in the prime of their life.
I think that the cycle of Life works as God intends it to... We welcomed Aili into our arms just four months before my mother succumbed to her cancer. My cousin had her baby soon after my uncle passed away. I think it is His way of easing our suffering and of allowing us to transfer all the love we have in our hearts so that none goes to waste.
I hope that your family can bring some comfort to his poor widow and children and that everyone may find the solace that they seek.
Big hugs...

8:29 PM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

I understand exactally what you are saying. Death, especially sudden death, is such a hard thing. I am thinking of Jonathan and you and the family. I learned from experience that nothing anyone says makes it better - but that support is so important and so needed. Hope God brings everyone peace especially his wife.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

You amaze me everyday with your insight, sensitivity and concern for others. I'm so glad we had time to be with you, even sneaking us in between all that is going on. We are praying for the Moll family, especially for your aunt and cousins. Your baby will bring new joy and life to a family that has endured much, and God will bring peace in His time.
We love you so much, and will miss you dearly.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Your friends are so wise, Sweetie! Wish I could give you a hug right now. Hope you can take it easy this week and trust God to bring peace. Take care of yourselves - your baby needs you too. Love you!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hugs and prayers for you and your husband during this painful time. We sometimes don't fully understand God's plan and life is an often painful journey when death crosses our path. I can only offer sincere condolences and suggest that you take refuge in the love of your family and friends.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

Death is scary. But its also a gift left to the rest of us, don't you think? When my grandma passed away, I was sad. Am still sad, but I also realized that life does not go on and on and on. We have to make the most of it. Really live and really love and hope that we can use our opportunities well. Life can be painful, but it can be beautiful too. I hope that Jonathan's family can find peace and hope during this terrible time.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

That is a beautiful thing that he did for his family - being able to give the eulogy. It is hard. Marc has given 4 now... My family is quite used to death... Such is life. That is why we are here. To learn and grow and experience, and take it all back with us. The knowledge and experiences - that is all that matters. And what a wonderful family the baby will be born into! The cycle begins again.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heather - it sounds like you have a great family support system! That is so fantastic. Hugs to you and Jonathan for losing his uncle. All you can do in times like this is learn from it and grow. (sounds like you are doing a pretty good job of that!) :)

4:04 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Big hugs to you Heather. Jonathan is so lucky to have you supporting him!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of Johnathan's uncle. He sounded like a very special man who will be dearly missed. I am so glad that your little baby is coming into that family. Babies just have this way of bringing so much joy!! *big hugs to you both* And many prayers for the family!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heartfelt condolances to you Heather, Jonathan and family. May the memories you treasure provide you comfort during this difficult time.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

I don't know what to say, but I wanted to let you know you & Jonathan are in my thoughts and prayers.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

So sorry to hear about J's uncle. It's times like this that you really do realize that life is short and you should make the most of it while we are here. Family is so important and it looks like you have some great inlaws. Prayers for you and J's family.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home