Saturday, August 19, 2006

What I've Been Up To...

First I want to say a very heartfelt thank-you for all of the very caring, supportive and kind words you posted regarding Jonathan's uncle. It means the world to me. When I read them, I just sat and cried, overwhelmed by the support of friends, many of whom I have never met, yet who still care about us and love us through the hard times. Thank you for caring and loving and being here for me. BIG HUGS to all of you!!!

Second, I just wanted to share some layouts I've been working on. I finally took some time to sit down and scrapbook JUST FOR ME yesterday! It was wonderful! It's been a long time since I've had a good chunk of time to create and I needed it. It's like therapy and I've been needing some time alone to just create and be free to express myself. I wish I had 10 more days!

So here's what I've been up to.
One of the photos I took of my sister when I did a photo shoot for her in June. LOVE the new KI Memories!
This is a shameless scraplift of Ali Edwards from her new book. I haven't scraplifted a layout in AGES but I loved this one so I did it!
Another one of my sweet niece, Meadow, using Scenic Route (one of the layouts I sent in for the DT contest).
A layout of our backpacking trip. I printed the journaling on a transparency but left the bottom free so you can lift up the transparency and see the whole photo.
I can't remember if I've shared this one or not. Just a simple layout about my sister becoming a Mom. Doesn't she look amazing?!?! I used some Fontwerks paper but cut out all the bits of color in between the circles because I just wanted the circles to show. Love how it turned out!
A 2-pager!!! LOL! Haven't done one of those in AGES but I really wanted to scrap these photos and use up some of my Basic Grey! I've been hoarding that stuff and I'm not sure why!
Remember those Deja Views Open Windows from a few years ago?!?! I used one on this layout (the inside black frame). I knew I was hanging onto those for a reason! LOL!

Whew, so that's some of what I've been doing! I decided yesterday to challenge myself to doing 100 layouts before I buy any new stuff. YIKES!!!! I really want to do it. I have SO much stuff and I need to widdle down my stash before baby comes (and I get to buy fun baby stuff!!!! ;) ). So far, I've done about 10 layouts. Only 90 to go! I better get scrapping!

Let me know if you have any questions! And thank so much for looking!

11 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

You have been busy!! Good for you!!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! You are such an amazingly talented scrapbooker, you totally blow me away! And great challenge to yourself, by the way! Good luck with it!

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly haven't lost your touch. Your work is stunning !!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I'm so glad you are back in the SB groove!! I love every LO that you've done. And 100 LOs!! WOW - that's a lot but I'm sure you'll be there in no time. ((( HUGS )))

2:11 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

You are on a roll, gurl!!!!!!!! These look fabulous!!!! I sure do miss seeing more of your designs at S!. You are soooo very talented.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh my you have been busy. I love them all. Great that you get to do them for you too. I too have way too much stuff. I love it when you can use up the older stuff it's just hard not to buy the new too.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These pages are freakin' gorgeous!! So loving your scrapping lately.
Good challenge - 100 layouts before you buy new stuff - good luck with that! I'd join you but with all the new CHA stuff it just isn't going to happen. *S*

9:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow Heather you are rocking the layouts!! way to go!! Isnt it awesome to get some time to just create for YOURSELF! LOVE it!! I have been so busy doing things for other people lately...but I am almost caught up now and cant wait to do some more stuff for ME too! Thanks for sharing your stuff! It is awesome!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

HOLY!!!!!!!!! Did you do those all this weekend????? Pardon me, but I do believe you got your groove on Sistah.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Looks like Mr. Mojo is back! Love love love what you have done here! Bring it on, sister! :)

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!
wow!
wow!
Love the pages - love them!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home