Wednesday, August 02, 2006

so busy

Life has been rather hectic lately. My sister, Melinda, and her husband, Tyler, arrived last week for a visit with us. They just returned from a year in Taiwan and are heading to Poland in the fall for 4 years so I was trying hard to savor this visit.
Aren't they cute together?!?! I'm so happy they have each other.

Then on Saturday we headed up to my parents' for a visit, had dinner with the WHOLE family, which was so awesome. However, I am totally bummed that we didn't take a family photo.

On Sunday I had a baby shower for my sister and Meadow. It went well. I think everyone had a good time. I only took 2 photos though. Guess that's what happens when you are the one in charge! LOL! She was totally spoiled, got SO many cute outfits and blankets and toys and stuff.
Here's one of the photos I took of my grandma, my mom, my sister and Meadow. Doesn't my sister look amazing?!?! Meadow is 4 weeks old and she's back in her pre-pregnancy clothes. EEKS! I hope I can do the same but I'm not holding out.

This weekend we're going backpacking to Mt. Assiniboine, looking forward to it but have so much to do before we go. We bought all the food last night so tonight I'll be cooking and packing. Jonathan and a few friends are going to be hiking the 28km to the campground. His dad, a friend and I are going to be taking the helicopter in. I was tempted to do the hike but Jonathan talked me out of it and I'm kinda glad he did. We'll be there for 4 days. I'm hoping we get good weather and I'm able to get some sleep in the tent! That and some good photos! I'm looking forward to the ride in - this will be my second time in a helicopter. The first time was amazing! I feel rather spoiled getting to take it in again. I wonder what baby will think of it.

Which brings me to the topic of baby. The movements are getting SO strong now. And I'm starting to be able to tell which body part it is hitting my belly. It's very cool. I have one more doctor's appointment with my regular doctor and then I get referred to a low-risk OB clinic. It's hard to believe that time is here already. Just over 3 months to go. And I'm growing, too much it feels like some days. I started swimming last week, which has been really good, except that I need new goggles and a new swimsuit. I tried some suits on last night. Sheesh, I thought swimsuit shopping was depressing enough before I got pregnant. Last night I was ready to sit down in the change room and have a good cry. I hope I find something soon that isn't too expensive because I'm seriously busting out of what I have now and it's so old that it's falling apart too.

The running has stopped for now. I was pretty down about that. I always wanted to run through my entire pregnancy but it's just too painful. I end up get stabbing abdominal pain for about 3-4 hours after I run and end up doubled over in pain. Yah, not so cool. So I'm putting that on hold right now. I may try again in a week or so and see what happens.

Wishing everyone a wonderful long weekend!

13 Comments:

Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Beautiful photo of Melinda & Tyler. Have a wonderful visit with them!
Naomi looks AMAZING!! 4 weeks and already in pre-pregancy clothes?? She's putting many of us to shame! :)
Love your four generations photo! Can't wait to see it scrapped.
Hope you have fun on your backpacking trip! I'm glad Jonathon talked you out of the 28km hike!! The helicopter ride would be so much cooler, anyways!
And don't worry about bathing suit shopping - I'm sure you'll be right back into your clothes after the baby like Naomi was! :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

OH Heather heather heather, you are pregnant, you are gorgeous, you are supposed to have a belly... *hugs* please don't be so hard on yourself. Your family has some good genes, and I am sure you will snap back like your sister has. Your photos are lovely, I especially love the 4 generations of ladies, that is so precious!! Grandma is just beaming!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're such a sweet auntie to host a baby shower. Totally cute pic.

Sorry to hear about your running but sounds like it's best for the baby. You'll be able to start up again soon enough. Must be tough though.

Have an awesome time this weekend. Sounds like it will be a fun trip - and the helicopter ride is very cool.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Have a great weekend, Sweetie! I'm glad you are riding in - you can do lots of hiking from the camp.

Don't despair on the swimsuit. Pregnant moms look cute in any suit, I think! Perhaps I need to come shopping with you!

And the picture at the shower is priceless!! I want one, please!

2:25 AM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

Love that you took a photo of the four generations and OMG do they all look so related!! Well, except for Meadow, but I am pretty sure she will. Lucky Naomi all ready fitting in her pre-preggers clothes - you'll be just like that I know it. And as for swimsuit shopping, YECK! But think of it as exercise gear and not a fashion show and maybe you won't stress as much. Besides, everyone will be too busy worrying about what THEY look like to stare at you at the pool, right??

8:15 AM  
Blogger MonaS! said...

Glad you are having some time with Melinda and Tyler before they leave. And I wish I would have looked like Naomi after having a baby. She looks amazing! Enjoy backpacking - I'd love to see the photos when you get back!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Heather!! I bet ANY swimsuit would look great on you!!

Your trip sounds so amazing - take lots of pictures and share!! I have never been in a helicopter, but I think it would be so cool!! Have fun!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

Have a wonderful weekend and have fun hiking! I sent you a link for a swimsuit that might work for ya...

; )

7:08 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Those are great photos-- both your sisters are so pretty (of course, it obviously runs in the family!!) You need to post a pic of you now at 6 months-- wow, third trimester already! Sorry it didn't work for you to keep running, but good for you with the swimming. I totally understand about the swimsuit shopping. Just get a little two piece that shows off your tummy! Hope you have a great weekend and get lots of rest!

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos... so glad you get to spend time with your sisters!
Don't stress about getting back into your clothes after the baby. I didn't even attempt until my 6 week appointment with #2 and #3 - I didn't need the stress! Just enjoy the new baby.
Hope you are having an incredible weekend. I have never been in a helicopter - how cool!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

What an awesome photo of your sister and BIL. Hope you have more chances to have more family photos. So hard when you can't get together all the time.

Naomi look amazing and oh my in her owld clothes already.

WOW have fun in the helicopter but it's good that J talked your out of the hike. Hopefully J will take some awesome photos for you.

Hopefully, you can find something that will work for swimming. If your not moving too much you can wear bathing suit bottoms with a darker shirt ontop.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

heather, hugs, to you - as you know i can totally relate about the running! noah was starting to "Brace" himeself towards the end of the pregnancy and that made running more like run-walking.

but you will be back in running biz in no time!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Great picture! We really enjoyed our time with you, and are coming back once more before we go. We love all we do with you and Jonathan. We will miss you like crazy, but hopefully we'll be home for Christmas to meet our new neice or nephew. Hugs.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home