Thursday, March 30, 2006

Day 20


I spent some time today browsing some quotes about success. I wanted to do a page in my art journal about success, what I believe success to be. I also needed to remind myself of what I believe success to be. It's so easy to get caught up in the material things, at least it is for me. And I know that deep down in my heart, I don't believe that material wealth means success but gosh, when everyone around you has a nice house, all the pretty decorations, the fancy vehicles, designer clothes, etc. it's hard not to get caught up in it. Not that I think there is anything wrong with those things, let me clarify, just that I believe it shouldn't be my main goal in life and how I measure how successful I've been in my life. I would so much rather know, when I die, that the people around me were loved, that the world was a better, brighter place because I lived, than have the most toys.
And Cate asked me a question on my last blog entry: "So, do you feel like your 21 days is working? Are you feeling like your "habit" is something that's coming easier, or is it something that your going to need to consiously continue?". Awesome, awesome question. I plan on answering it when I post my final entry. ;)

11 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

I'm seriously loving your art journal!

I can hardly wait to hear your answer to my question!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

I want to know the answer to Cate's question to, because these days I feel I can learn a lot from your art journal and if I can commit to it myself, I might just pick up the same challenge as you.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Really looking forward to hearing your answer to that question. I've missed your last few posts so and now I can't wait to see how your last few days have been. Keept it up Heather - you rock!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

One more day!! I cant wait to see the last one, and hear how answer cate's question!

The whole journal has been gorgeous, and inpiring!!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Ooh... way to leave us hanging!! Can't wait for Day 21!!
I love the quote you chose. It reminds me of my dad. A few years ago, when I was working back in my scrapbooking, I did a tribute page to him, that fits in my scrapbook after he died. Anyway, all this to say that this is the quote I used for his tribute page-- and then in my journaling I explained how my dad had succeeded in life.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Awesome question Cate!! This is a fantastic quote Heather.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Love this one. Girl this art journal is soooo good. It is breathtaking. Love this quote so much. I gotta write it down.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so true Heather, I think everyone sees success in a different way. I so need to do something like this to have something to refer back to in one of "those moments".

I can't wait to see your final entry, I know it is going to be GREAT

10:58 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Awesome page and great quote. Totally hear you on the material possession one. WOW you are almost done.

7:04 PM  
Blogger sharma said...

Wonderful that you have reached day 20 - lovely entries!

2:01 AM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

I love that quote!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home