Monday, December 19, 2005

Slow Cooker Lasagna

This recipe has become one of my favorites. It is SO easy and delicious! I just thought I'd share. Since I can't eat flour, I use rice lasagna noodles.

Slow Cooker Lasagna

8 lasagne noodles, broken into bite-size pieces
3 L boiling water
2 tsp. cooking oil (optional)
2 tsp. salt

1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef

3/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 x 14oz canned tomatoes, with juice, broken up
5 1/2 oz. tomato paste
1 cup creamed cottage cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
2 tsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. dried whole oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dried sweet basil
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Cook lasagna noodle pieces in boiling water, cooking oil and salt in large pot for 14-16 minutes until tender but firm. Drain

Scramble-fry ground beef in non-stick frying pan until browned. Drain well. Turn into 3 1/2 quart (3.5L) slow cooker.

Add remaining 12 ingredients. Stir well. Add lasagna noodle pieces. Stir. Cover. Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. Makes 10 cups.

6 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Penner said...

This sounds awesome! I'm sorry I didn't read this earlier today-- it could have been our supper tonight!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

this looks fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe, guess what we're having for supper tomorrow!?! :)

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to save this for the first week back at school in January! Thanks, Sweetie!
Mom XOXOX

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, heather - I am so trying this!!!!

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had this for dinner last night - and EVERYONE liked it... that is nothing short of amazing! I did use Italian tomatoes instead of the regular and then didn't add the spices. I also used Ricotta cheese instead of cottage.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to give this a go too...sounds yummy!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home