Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Holiday Blues

Well, it's happening again. It seems that every holiday I get the 'blues', whether it's my birthday, Christmas, Easter, whatever, I always get down around the holidays. I'm not sure why but it happens. I thought I was doing good this year. I was enjoying wrapping and shopping and having fun but WHAM! this morning, it hit me hard. So now I'm at the point where, I don't want to go. I would rather stay home. What's the point? We spent too much money. It's so stressful. All we do is run from place to place and I don't enjoy that, etc., etc. Every year since we got married, I tell DH that I want to go away, just the 2 of us, somewhere warm and nice and just avoid it all! Maybe someday that will happen.

This year my sister and her husband are spending Christmas in Thailand. They are in Taiwan for the year teaching English and weren't able to come home so they went to Thailand with some friends. Now THAT is what I would like to do! I'm gonna miss her so much this Christmas. It's going to be so weird this year without them. Plus my other sister is working over the holidays (she's a nurse) and my brother is heading to the Dominican for a wedding on the 27th so he will only be there for the 23rd and 24th. And now I'm feeling bad for my parents that no one will be there on the 25th. ACK!

And there is still so much to do before we leave on Friday. Running around, wrapping presents, finishing making presents, packing, laundry, cleaning, visiting, etc. I can feel the panic setting in.

Any one else ever feel this way?

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oh Heather that must be so stressful with all the running around!! I get the holiday blues too, (but for other reasons).
My parents are fortunate that my in laws are on the other side of the planet so we always go to my parents house. That stinks that your siblings aren't going to be around either! I hope you are able to wrap up the rest of the jobs that need to be done. Take a hot soaking bath and unwind and somehow enjoy the holidays!
*big hugs*

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather - take a deep breath. remember WHY we celebrate Christmas. Enjoy. :)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Heather totally understand as things get so busy with the traditions we have made ourselves and forget the real reason for the season. Jesus!! Just take comfort in His name!

I can see why it would be hard with many siblings going to be away. I think once snow starts we all want to go somewhere warm.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home