Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Our Pumpkin

is 3 weeks old today! WOW! It's hard to believe. The first 2 weeks felt like they passed so slowly and now she's 3 weeks old.
And just in case you thought she was always happy, here's a photo for you! Ha! We see this face quite frequently!
On Monday, we ditched the cradle. She was not enjoying sleeping in it. So I borrowed a playpen from a friend and she's doing much better in that. Jonathan brought the crib home yesterday so we can finish sanding it here and then get painting it. Yah, that was one of my projects to do in the 3 weeks I had off before she arrived! ;) Someone was just in a hurry to get here though so it didn't get done in those 2 days off I had. Hopefully by Christmas we'll have it finished and she'll be in it.
Today we had a great day! She slept so good last night and then we headed off to where I used to work and my boss' wife (and dear friend) watched Helayna for a few hours so I could sleep. It was SOOOOO awesome! I had such a good sleep, not having to worry about Helayna waking up, listening to every squeak and grunt. I was so spoiled!
Only a week and a day until Grandma comes for another visit! We can't wait!

12 Comments:

Blogger SmileyCarrie said...

Aww she's just adorable. Even when she's upset she's sweet!!!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw! Even that screaming face is hard to resist I am sure! And yay for getting some much needed sleep! Hopefully you have more of that to look forward to when grandma comes!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for some time and thought I should actually post. CONGRATS on your beautiful daughter. She is a sweetie, even with a sour face. Not sure you remember me, I was mum2three and then scrappinboys when my 4th boy was born. We use to chat at the original cookie jar. Enjoy motherhood, it is an awesome state to be in.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the face!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well she is still one cute little stinkin' pumpkin, even when she is crying! Heather what a little doll she is...I could look at the pics you post FOREVER! I am in love with her hair!!!!!! I am happy to hear you got a little Heather sleep time today! You must be exhausted honey! Hugs to you!!!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, she's getting so big! I'm glad I am coming next week too - I'll be happy to cuddle her while you nap! That shirt is so cute - I can see she's going to be a fashion diva! I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

H,

Your baby is so cute! Enjoy her - she will grow up so fast!

Talk to you soon!

Caroline

11:52 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

She's growing so much. I love her little shirt, and even her screaming face, but it does make me want to pick her up and cuddle her. I'm glad you had a little break for some much needed sleep. Thanks for all the updates, even with that little one at home.

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so cute Heather, even when crying! I'm glad you were able to get some rest - take advantage of any and all offers!
I loved this time period after my first daughter was born, sleep deprivation and all!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Oh I love how she scrunches her face up when she cries!! Of course, the photo is silent - which helps it remain cute (while mute! LOL!)
Enjoy your me time - and your visit with Mom!!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Corey W. said...

omg that is the cutest face! I know it means she's sad, but babies have cute "unhappy" faces! Glad to hear she's sleeping so well, consider yourself lucky!

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you have wonderful friends and family who are helping you out. Helayna is too sweet. Even when she is crying she is adorable. Love that photo of her.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home