Sunday, November 12, 2006

This Little Cutie...


was up until 4:15am this morning! She just did not want to sleep. We put her down at 10:30, she slept beautifully until her next feeding at midnight and then was wide awake and not very happy until 4am. So this mommy is tired today. Thankfully, Jonathan has let me take 3 naps today! YAY!

I also wanted to say that I have been so overwhelmed by all of the support we have received since having Helayna. We haven't made a meal since we had her and we STILL have people bringing us meals. Our fridge is literally overflowing with food. It is so awesome. I think one of the things that I have appreciated the most are the meals and food. I can't imagine trying to come up with meal ideas right now and then try to find the time and energy to cook. I wish I would have known how appreciated the meals are before I had Helayna because I would have been bringing meals to all of my friends when they had babies. But now that I realize this, from now on, ALL of my friends are going to be getting a meal or two from me when they have a baby (and I have at least 3 friends having babes this spring).

I think our little bear is going through a growth spurt right now. She's been eating every 2 hours today and eating LOTS. She usually eats every 3 hours so this is a change. She's officially grown out of 4 of her newborn sleepers and has moved into 0-3 month stuff. When they weighed her at the hospital she was up to 7 1/2 lbs. She must be getting some good food! ;)

Every day is getting a little bit easier for me. I'm still completely exhausted but I'm adjusting and learning when my best times of day are. Yep, I'm still not a morning person. I feel my best from supper time on so I spend most of the day napping when Helayna naps and plan to do so for a while longer. It's hard to do when there are so many things piling up around the house but I know it's only for a short time and I need the sleep.

Hopefully this week will be less eventful than last and I'll be able to keep on updating. Thanks again for all of your support and concern!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is going great!!! The housework will be there waiting for you. Sleep as much as you can, especially now during a growth spurt. Totally wish I lived closer so I could help you out a bit. Tiring, but enjoy it!! I can't believe how quickly they grow. Mine are now 5 and almost 3!!!! Where has the time gone!!!!!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Oh, she's a true night owl!! Maybe you should try SBing when she's awake that late! Don't worry about your house - it will be there when she's 20 and gone off to university. You are so blessed with friends and family who care of you.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

It will get easier! Just keep with a regular routine (babies love that sort of thing!)
I'm so glad that you're taking your time to sleep - don't worry about other things! It will all work itself out...
I'd better send my gift off to you soon, or it's not going to fit her soon!! :)

10:11 PM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

She's such a sweetheart. I love the photo updates! And yes, sleep, sleep, sleep. Don't feel bad about housework - no one will remember that stuff later on anyway :)

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am still just blown away by that cutie's massive amount of hair!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep the ladies are right. The time will pass and soon she will be bigger.
I'm serious about to help. Let me know. Laundry, dishes, meals. I can do whatever you need!!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

I really wish I were there to help you with all the other stuff, and of course hold Helayna, but I am so thankful that there are people around you helping and supporting you. Don't worry about the house, Tyler & I will be down to help with that stuff, and hopefully take you Christmas shopping. Of course, we will babysit for one night so you two can get out for a date. Only 29 more days! Love you.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

Oh my goodness! She is absolutely to die for cute!!!!!!!! Congrats on being a mommy to an adorable little girl!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

So cute, and yet, the sleep thing is so tough! Hang in there, Heather! : ) I can't believe you ended up in teh hospital with her last week. Eek! SoOOOOO glad all is okay now. Parenting is definitely a roller coaster. So glad you have that little sunshine in your life, though!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Like Sue said it will get easier. The housework will wait just spend your precious moments with your new baby and getting the sleep you need.

Totally a blessing to have premade meals when you have a new baby. I think I had meals at least for a week and we were new to the church so I'm sure there would be more now. What a blessing for sure!!

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helayna is a sweetheart. Glad to hear that things are going well.

Hope that she lets you sleep at night.

Thanks for sharing these adorable photos of her with us.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home