Saturday, November 11, 2006

Small Victories

Helayna slept in her cradle last night. It was so amazing. I knew she could do it and I am so proud of her! I felt a million times better this morning because I actually slept soundly.

Now if only we could get her clock switched around a bit. Her awake/fussy time is some time between the hours of 11pm - 3 am. Last night it was from 11pm - 1:30am. It was hard not to bring her into bed with us but I persisted and finally she slept in her cradle. Any tips on how to get her to sleep earlier? She's usually wide awake at 11pm and I think that's why she gets so fussy because we want her to sleep and she doesn't want to.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

She'll get it eventually. Just hang in there. Just keep a bedtime routine so she knows it's sleep time.

YEAH on the sleeping in the cradle.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matea was exactly the same way.... just be firm... rub her belly or her head... she isn't hungry - just wants to play! (but don't do it! LOL!) Paul I used to wake up with Paul's feet in my face because he would fall asleep with his hand in her cradle at the end of the bed. :)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Hang in there - she'll get used to real time yet. You'll be surprised when it all gets straightened out!! Take one small achievement at a time!!!

10:05 PM  
Blogger SmileyCarrie said...

So glad to hear she slept well in her cradle (and therefore you two slept well too!)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

What I tried to do was have noise during the day (radio, etc.)and not too dark and then quiet and dark at night, so they would learn the difference. As a result, my kids all nap with their room doors open.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home