Sunday, January 21, 2007

growth spurt

Helayna's growing. She's going through a major growth spurt. The last 5 days she's been eating like crazy. She hasn't been sleeping long periods at night any more. Last night was a tough night. She's hungry all the time it seems. I'm exhausted. I was getting used to the longer periods of sleep I was getting at night. Sigh. I suppose it's time though, she's almost 3 months old. She's cuter than ever too. She's talking so much now. It is so stinkin' adorable! She loves to suck on her hands (when she can get them into her mouth) and stare at herself in the mirror. The smiles melt my heart (still).
Jonathan has already won the husband-of-the-year award. He let me sleep until 11am this morning. He also got up at 6:30am and took her so I didn't have to. Every little bit of sleep helps and he's been so generous to me. He is such an awesome dad. I absolutely LOVE watching him play with Helayna.
We are so blessed.
This photo is for Sue. The dress fits her - isn't it cute?!?!?! She wore it to church last night. THANK YOU!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that little face is just so adorable!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

awwww. Great dress

6:56 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Oh, she just melts my heart! What a sweetheart - give her a hug from me, please!! Hopefully she goes back to the long sleeps soon! I'm anxious to come visit so I can hear her talk. Love you!!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Elia said...

She is just too cute for words. Very sweet.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

While the getting up through the night isn't that enjoyable, at least you know she's growing, healthy and strong. I love her sweet hair and cute cheeks. Give her a kiss from us. And, yeah, Jonathan for being so wonderful on the weekend, we even got a phone call. :)

4:31 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

OMG....adorable! Could she possibly be teething??

4:34 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Heather, she has got to be one of the cutest little girls ever, next to my own that is... :)

They will go through these phases and thankfully soon enough you should be getting some good rest. (I hope so for your sake any ways).

So wonderful for you that Jonathon is such an amazing husbnad and father. I love the little things the men in our lives do that just mean the world.

10:02 AM  
Blogger MonaS! said...

The dress is sooooo cute on her! What a doll!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

OMGosh - it looks even cuter on than it did on the rack!! What a sweetie pie!! And bless Jonathan for being a great hubby & dad - but then again, you certainly deserve it!
Be sure to send me a copy of that photo, please! :)

11:06 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

I have to add that you look great in this picture, too. I love your sweater. You look like you haven't even had a baby. Your such a beautiful woman and mother.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

I can't believe it's been almost three months! She's so sweet!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

It must be so awesome to have your kids so close in age. I bet they'll be the best of friends.

I hope the growth spurt is fast so you can get some rest. J is so sweet to let you sleep in too.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Beautiful, Heather! Look how gorgeous you both are!!!!!!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home