Monday, January 15, 2007

Grow

After reading about the 'one little word' challenge by Ali Edwards, I decided to pick a word for myself for 2007. It took me a while to come up with it but my word for the year is 'GROW'. There are so many areas in my life that I want to grow in and it's been on my mind since having Helayna. She's growing like crazy already and I feel like I need to grow too. I want to be a good example for her. I want my words and actions to teach her but that means I have some work to do. So it seemed like an appropriate word - both of us experiencing growth together this year.
I did a layout to remind myself that I want to take this seriously. I've done some journaling on the back of the layout about some of my goals for the year.
I went a little rub-on happy on this layout. Hehehe! I have enough, figured I need to start using them. I'm not sure if I'm really crazy about what I created but it's done and there are too many other layouts to do! I'm seriously re-evaluating my whole style. I spend way too long on layouts and just don't have the time any more - not to mention all the hoards of photos I now have! HA!
The chipboard letters for the word 'grow' are Maya Road, painted green and then I put Basic Grey rub-ons on them. The word 'stronger', "2007" and the flowers are Maya Road rub-ons. The while swirly rub-ons are Fontworks. The 'H' is All My Memories chipboard and the circle is cut from a Sonnets transparency. TFL!!!

Speaking of growing, Helayna is growing like a weed! She's now 11 lbs. 12 oz. She's getting close to doubling her birth weight. I've had to put almost all of her 0-3 months clothes away now. She's moving into her 3-6 months stuff. I can't believe it.

10 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

That's a great choice for word of the year! I'm looking forward to watching you grow - as a mom, a woman and a scrapbooker. I'm glad you found time to create - yeah!!! I think I've found my word but I haven't done anything with it yet.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Elia said...

What a fab idea. I really love the LO Heather and all the pretty colours.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

I love this layout, and that you took the time to scrap, think about the year to come, your goals and what being a mom means to you. I'm so proud of you, and loved every minute of seeing you with Helayna. It just makes me smile. I miss you!!! I want to be there to see you and her grow this year. Please send lots of pictures. HUGS.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

Great word--love what you wrote about it! And great layout--love how you added the rub-ons to the chipboard letters!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Very cool word!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

OMG! I love your LO. I love what you did with the chipboard and how you used the different height to signify growth. You're pretty creative!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

heather, this is awesome. LOVE LOVE LOVE how you decorated with our rubons!

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful and your word is so meaningful and perfect. Well done. (I have hardly any rub ons - need to be getting me some of those swirly kind!)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

That layout is fabulous. I love the use of the rubons especially how the stronger just fits underneath the word grow.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Joanna Bolick said...

I love that layout!! I love H's hair, too! Have I told you that? I think it's so cute!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home