Wednesday, December 06, 2006

6 weeks old!

At 6 weeks old Helayna is:
• starting to sleep much longer at night - going 5-6 hours between her last feed before bed and her first night feed (which means mommy is getting 4 hour stretches of sleep!!! YAY!)
• very alert and aware - she spends hours staring at lights and faces - she especially loves to look at her mommy and daddy.
• colicky! FUN!!! Yah, right. She spends hours fussing and crying every evening, which can be very stressful.
• starting to develop her voice - making noises and grunts that are so adorable.
• likes to lay on the floor in the bathroom while mommy takes a shower, just listening to the sound of the water running.
• sleeping in her playpen every night.
• spoiled rotten by her grandparents!
• still loves to be held.
• growing like crazy - just look at those cheeks!
• nicknamed pumpkin, monkey, munchkin and turkey!
• a spitting image of her dad at this age.
• pretty in pink!

16 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

I can't believe how much she has changed already!! She is becoming such a little person! And she is very easy to spoil! :))

1:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there beautiful! Gosh she is a cutie pie Heather....I know, I have said it before......but I am going to keep on saying it. I AM IN LOVE WITH HER HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Look at her grow. Keep taking lots of pictures to show us all her changes. I'm so glad to hear she's sleeping through the nights, and in her playpen. Yah!! And, you're getting some sleep. :) We'll be home in 7 days to spoil this little munchkin some more.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Heather....your posts give me so much hope. It's nice to know that the feeding stretches are getting longer. That's why I come and see your blog when I can. They are inspirational. And your baby is a cutie pie to look at.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

She is just adorable!!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

What a beautiful, beautiful doll!! I'm sorry to hear about the colic! My kids never had this, so I'm afraid I have no advice for you, sorry! Just know that she'll grow out of it and that one day it'll be a distant memory. (Yeah, right!)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

She is getting so big, already, Heather! And just as adorable - or even more so!
Sad to hear that you're suffering through the colic... Hugs!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

She is looking so big and CUTE! I haven't experienced colic either, so big hugs over that one. It sounds HARD!!!! So good she is sleeping longer at night!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

aw! She really is growing already! It is so amazing.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh she is growing. I love the list. You should do one every month or you forget. I know I do. Cherish every moment.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

Awwww! I want one!!!!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks gorgeous in pink. She is just too cute for words. Love her hair. I believe that it is grandparents perogative to spoil their adorable grand babies.

Glad to hear that you are getting some sleep.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is just such a cutie!
Glad you had a good week.
It gets easier and she loves you no matter what. :)

5:50 AM  
Blogger MonaS! said...

She is sooooooo cute!!!! And i LOOOOOVE her hair. Glad to hear that you are getting some sleep, despite the colic. I love seeing photos of her both here and at your mom's blog - looks like she's getting a good spoiling.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She is such a sweetheart! Glad to hear you're getting a bit more sleep.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, look at that beautiful little girl! Glad she's sleeping a bit longer for you now!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home