Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Some highlights

Our trip was so incredible. I wish I could convey in words how much this trip meant to me. It was exactly the break I needed.
We had really good weather, which made me happy. I admit, I'm a fair-weather camper! It was a bit cloudy/rainy/cool/windy the first day but after that we had spectacular weather.
Some of the highlights from our trip...
Definitely the helicopter ride! I could seriously get used to this!
The view from the helicopter on the first day. It was amazing! Things look so different from the air.
This little waterfall, which the 4 of us, who took the helicopter in, hiked to on the first day. It was so relaxing!
Waking up to the world covered in frost on the first morning. So maybe the cold wasn't the best part (I had a miserable sleep because I was freezing) but it sure looked incredible, especially once I warmed up a little! It got down to below zero that night - YIKES!
And it wasn't just the beautiful frost but the mist floating on the lake too! Breathtaking!
Getting to know this amazing girl, Rachel. She's from Australia and she works with Jonathan. What a delightful woman! She is so positive and full of energy and laughs! We have plans for a photo slideshow of our trip and a Lord of the Rings marathon one day! Can't wait! We're both bringing Jiffy Pop and going to make that stuff pop no matter what! ;)
The view from the hike on our first full day. We were up on 'the Nub' looking back at Lake Magog, Sunburst Lake and Mt. Assiniboine. We walked past 3 of the most incredible lakes to get to this view. I cannot get enough of that beautiful turquoise colour!
Hanging out with these amazing people for 4 days. Everyone got along so well. We laughed so hard on so many occassions. We shared stories over dinner and while hiking down the trails. I loved getting to know each person a little bit more.
This man, my father-in-law. He just never stops with the jokes. It was awesome to see him so relaxed and having such a good time. We all laughed constantly at his jokes all weekend long!
The sunset on our second night there. Mt. Assiniboine was just glowing.

It was a fantastic trip! I am so glad we all went. And I'm really glad I only had to carry my 40lb pack 2.5km instead of 28km. I wish it would have lasted longer!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY SMOKES!
What incredible photos!
What an incredible time!!!
So glad you got time away - so well deserved!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Sue Sykes said...

Wow! Such beautiful photos! And you amaze me with your stamina this late in the game! You GO, girlie!!
Glad you had fun - hope Baby enjoyed it too!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Oh, your trip sounds so great! You took some amazing pictures, and have so many great memories of the trip. Will you do anymore before the baby is born? I'm so proud of you for going camping, hiking and still being so adventurous when you're six months pregnant. I hope I can keep up to my two sisters when I have kids.
Can't wait to see you again soon. Love you.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW!!! What incredible photos!!! Those turquoise lakes are just gorgeous! And kudos to you for doing all that hiking at 6 months pregnant!! You GO GIRL!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

What wonderful photos! I'm so glad you had such an amazing trip!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

NICE! Love the photos! But where is the one of you with your lil' belly?

2:31 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

What awesome photos and oh if only we could fly to see these views all the time. Sounds like you had a great time.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those pics are stunning! And I can't believe you did that much hiking with how far along you are. You rock!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

wow what an incredible trip! I can't believe you hiked being 7 months pregnant! You are an athletic machine!!!
Your photos are soooo incredible beautiful and lifelike. I felt like I could reach out and touch those breathtaking mountains!!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

These photos are AMAZING Heather!!!! What a fabulous trip!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home