Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Day 3



Here is my day 3 entry. My friend Mary took the photo of me. I used a high contrast when I converted it to give it kind of an edgy feel (it looks much better irl). Sorry for the wonky scan - my scanner doesn't like bulk so it makes things look crooked sometimes but I promise everything is straight irl!!!
I hope you can read everything - just an entry about who I am because of my faith. This was a hard one to do, mostly because I don't really believe all the things I wrote but I know they are true so I put them down as a reminder. Maybe if I read them enough I'll believe it.
I created a little vellum pocket and tab on the second page so I can pull out the journaling if I want or read it through the vellum too.
And I want to say a very big thank you to everyone who has read and posted on my blog. It means the world to me. I have shed many tears because of your encouragement. Last night I told my husband that I wanted to quit (already?! I know it's been 3 days) because this is really hard. Gosh, I feel so vulnerable and insecure. But I know that I need to do this and I'm so glad I posted this on my blog because it's making me accountable and that's exactly what I need right now because it's too easy to quit when it gets hard. I've done that before and it's gotten me no further ahead. So I'm pressing on, continuing with this journal because I know (at least I hope) it will be worth it in the end.
*ETA* The above quote is actually by Marianne Williamson, not Nelson Mandela. Apparently he quoted her in a speech and is often given credit for that quote but it is by Marianne Williamson. My HUGE apologies to everyone here and to Ms. Williamson. I will be reprinting the photo tonight with the proper name on it.

18 Comments:

Blogger Rhonna said...

Oh
my
gosh, Heather.
this is just so amazing.
so beautiful.
so touching.
I can relate to you so much...
the comment about 'i don't believe it, but know it's true'..that's me...

we are the same on this..& seeing you do this is sooo inspiring to me...
yes, it IS hard.
yes, we DO want to give up.

but, we are better than that.
we can do it!

wtg!
keep it up, girlie...you are a child of God & He loves you!
R

10:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heather - this is beautiful in so many ways - not just visually (but also visually, it is gorgeous!). Thanks again for sharing. Dont give up!!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me cry - with your LO and with your blog entry. You are truly amazing to make this journey and to share it so openly. You are totally making me consider what journey I need to take and what habit I need to change. Thank you for being so inspiring! And I know you can do this - He is with you every step of the way.
Much love,
Mom XOXOXOXOX

11:34 AM  
Blogger Mary Mac said...

You, girl, amaze me. So, so brave for posting your feelings for everyone to see - tackling your injured vision of yourself.

I so admire your dedication and your honesty.

I know you can get through the next 18 days!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

This is just wonderful, Heather. I had to keep scrolling up to it to look at it as I read your post. Fabulous layout, for one (I know you wouldn't do it crooked! LOL!) but what you wrote has such power. I love that quote from Nelson Mandella-- I know I struggle between feeling those two ways every day! I pray that you will come to believe all of those things, truly believe them, in your heart.
Don't give up, my friend. It's often the hardest things that are worth doing the most!!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Again, just so beautiful! So honest. I am in awe.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Heather! I LOVE IT! And what a cute photo!!!!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Tiff said...

This is so beautiful. I love the colors and all of the details. Your journaling is amazing. I'm excited to see all 21 days!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

This is great. Love it! Great pic too:)

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! Okay, first of all, reading your mom's response is what's getting me all emotional! But really I just went through all your entries and am totally inspired by you. You are beautiful not only on the outside but from within. Thanks for sharing and for being so real. Hugs to you.

8:48 PM  
Blogger joey said...

Hey Heather - your journal is simply beautiful! I love the transparencies (of course) and the swirls - I gotta get Photoshop! (I have Photoshop elements but I don't think it does brushes) - anyway - the colors are so pretty too!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Keep it up Heather! It's tough to write out all those thoughts and even tougher to put them out there in the universe by posting them on your blog. Even if you don't believe them 100% of the time, the rest of us do. Hugs!!!!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Wow! What a fantastic page. Your journal and subject matter is just incredible and incredibly inspiring! LOVE IT!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Heather, I love the sheer honesty and vulnerability that you have allowed here. It's SO beautiful! It is straight from your heart which is glowing! I know you don't always see this, but your beauty inside way outshines your beauty outside!(and you are a stunning woman!) You are humble and precious & I just want to give you a big hug!! You're doing great!

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! What a strong and moving layout, just beautiful.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE this, great picture it is so you :) Love that you are being so open about what's going on around you.

(((HUGS)))

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing. and, let me tell you - it is all true about you!

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, your lo is so moving and touching. I know what you mean abot not necessarily believing what you wrote. I feel that way alot to, but I know that God is going to change our hearts and minds and maybe someday we will truly believe it!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home