Sunday, February 26, 2006

The 21 day challenge

Rhonna Farrer posted a challenge on her blog last week - the 21 day challenge, because it takes 21 days to develop a habit. It totally inspired me so I've decided to participate.
Here's the cover of my journal. I'll be posting more as I go along.

The cover is significant of many feelings I'm having at this point in my life. I want to be better, believe in myself, believe in my dreams - the sparkles and flower signify those things - but I still feel so uncertain of myself, I don't believe in me, I struggle with loving who I am right now - hence the distressed looking paper, rough edges, the cracked UTEE. I want to work on me. I need to work on me. I need to change my mind about who I am. I need to be more positive and develop a healthy view of who I am. So that's part of my challenge - to change the way I think of myself, one day at a time, one thought at a time - replacing the negative, believing the truth. I have a few ideas of how I need/want to do this and that's what I hope to do during these 21 days.
I apologize for the crummy photo but I didn't get a chance to take a photo of my journal in the daylight and I haven't quite figured out how to adjust everything in PS yet. However, I really wanted to post this today and make a commitment to doing it.
Thanks so much, Rhonna, for the challenge and the inspiration!

12 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I love the vibrant green. Thanks for sharing your feelings and process. Glad you're on board. Can't wait to see more.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for tackling this and I'm very glad that you have inspiration and support! I'm here to support you on this journey every day!
Love you lots,
Mom XOXOX

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, so wish I had time to do this too right now. I am still thinking of getting on started with my art journal (and a blog). Nice cover - I hope you share more pages!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Just Rhonda said...

Oh you are so good. So inspirational and so stinking talented!!! This is such a great idea. I am contimplating starting one too. Love it. That cover is awesome. You rock Heather!!!!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

Your honesty about how you feel is beautiful Heather! I am blown away at how symbolic your cover really is. Amazing. Wonderful job!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Rhonna said...

Heather, you are so inspiring.
You have stepped out & taken this challenge.
Your entry for your first page got me bawling..I can relate with so many things you wrote about...
wow...are we soul sisters?

You can do it.
I know you can.
& Like you said, with God's help, I KNOW you can!

WTG...I'm seriously humbled by the courage & inspiration you have brought to this challenge...

thank you.
thank you.
thank you!

hugs! & a pat on the back..you are awesome!
R

12:23 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

It's a beautiful cover-- so cool how the different aspects of it signify different thoughts you have about yourself! You are so cool, Heather!!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

What a great journal and a great way to add more into your positive bucket. Love the design you have done.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love, love, love this entry Heather... thanks for doing this!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Randell said...

Beautiful journal!

1:11 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

OH Heather! Isn't it amazing to hear words that I've thought, but couldn't utter outloud, spoken from someone else!(you!). I love what you've done with this album cover and I look forward, with Great anticipation to seeing your subsequent pages!
Thank you for sharing this!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Lu said...

I love what you have done with your journal so far. Just beautiful entries.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home