Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Mmmmm... so good!

I'm sipping a chai latte right now from one of my favorite coffee shops, the Bean Scene, which just happens to be really close to where I work! They serve Satwa chai and it is SOOOO good. It's not as sweet as Oregon chai and that's why I love it so much. I try not to indulge too often but when I do, it's such a treat. It's been so cold the last few weeks that I haven't ventured out much more than I have to so it's been a few weeks since I was able to enjoy one of these but the temperature is rising so I thought I would treat myself. It's already -5C here - quite a difference from yesterday and it should be even warmer tomorrow. Who knows, I might just head out for a slurpee tomorrow! LOL!

I woke up to a wonderful surprise this morning. Inside the bag I take to work every day my wonderful DH had popped the new Diana Krall Christmas CD YAY! I saw this CD online on Monday and mentioned to him that I thought it would be a great one to have, one that I would really enjoy. Well, little did I know he would go out and get it for me the next day. Not that I should be surprised because that is totally the kind of guy he is. SO SWEET!!!!!!!!

And since I'm telling you how sweet he is, he's going to take me to Jasper during the Christmas holidays. I admit, sometimes I can be a bit of a scrooge around Christmas because I feel like all we do is run around from this family to that family and back again a million times and then suddenly our holidays are over and we haven't spent any time together just the 2 of us. So a few weeks ago I was (just slightly) complaining about this and he suggested taking me to Jasper for a couple days between family events. I am SO excited! And he's doing the planning so I just have to bring the snowshoes. I can't wait!

Just thought I'd include a layout celebrating my DH that I did a couple weeks ago!

5 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Penner said...

I'm glad your husband is such a sweetie-- and that you'll be able to get away for a few days just the two of you... Wow... my husband and I haven't done that in... gasp!...over 4 1/2 years!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Kim Sanderson said...

it's so nice tosee the appreciation you have for one another!!!

I love CHai tea too!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what a beautiful story Heather. Your guy sounds too sweet.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 things - I bought that CD last night because of you (love it!) and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Chai Tea!!!! I buy it at Cosco... ymmmmmm!

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww - you didn't tell me he snuck it into your bag! What a sweeetie. He inspires me to do nice things for my DH - now just to think of something!!!!!!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home