Sunday, December 11, 2005

The finished wine journal

So this year I got this BRILLIANT idea to create a wine & dine journal for my MIL for Christmas! Why? I'm not really sure as it was a bit of a stressful project but alas, it is finished and I'm happy with how it turned out. So happy in fact, I want to keep it for myself! LOL!

Here's a little background on why I decided to create this for her. My MIL is an AMAZING cook and hostess. She makes delicious food, loves to entertain and always has her house decorated beautifully. A few months ago, we were just chatting about journals and writing and stuff and she mentioned that she would love to start writing down the different meals she makes and what she puts in them, who is there, the date, etc. I thought that sounded like a great idea - especially since she rarely uses a recipe to make a meal. Fast forward a few months... I get the November kit for Scraptivity and the technique is mini-books. I seriously started to rack my brain as to what I was going to create - talk about stress! But thankfully, after chatting with my friend, Mary, I came up with the idea of doing a wine journal for my MIL. (THANKS MARY - like I said earlier, constantly inspiring me.) So that's what I did. And I just finished it today so I thought I'd share the book with you! I apologize if it's confusing or boring. I just have to share with someone. I stitched the photos I took of each page - flaps, pockets and all - so that it would be less confusing and less photos to share. I created enough pages for 10 meals so each page has a place for her the write the date, menu, wine and guests. I also included a quote on each page and some type of pocket so that she can include photos, lists, cards, etc. - anything she has saved from the meal or wants to remember.





I created the pockets on this page by gluing 3 envelopes to together. The fold into a little accordian when closed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally gorgeous - I would keep it ;)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home