Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Why I love where I live...

Okay, so when I woke up this morning, it was a whopping -24C!!!!!!! If you know me, you know I DO not like to be cold and that's mostly because I'm pretty much ALWAYS cold. The temperature has been hovering around that mark for the past couple weeks and as much as I can, I've been staying inside. So you're probably wondering, what in the world does this have to do with loving where you live, if you hate cold, Heather?!

Well, I love it here because of the CHINOOKS!!!!!!!! YAY! Apparently one is coming this week and it's supposed to be up to +4C on Thursday and +9C on Friday!!!!! I can't wait (just in case you couldn't tell by all the exclamation marks I'm using)!!!!

But for now, I'm meeting a friend for a run tonight. I'm sure we'll freeze while we're out but thankfully I can have a nice HOT shower when I get home.

7 Comments:

Blogger Just Rhonda said...

oh I miss Chinooks!!! ARound here people don't even know what they are!! Enjoy the warm wind!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Leigh Penner said...

I so know what you mean by NOT liking being cold. (Makes you wonder, then, why I live in Southern Manitoba???) How I wish those Chinooks would blow our way!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Chinooks too :) Only good thing about winter lol!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what a chinook is (I thought it was a fish??), but I like it if it brings warmer weather! LOL!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Tyler and Melinda said...

Hey Heath,
I have to admit that I wish I were in Calgary enjoying the winter snow and weather with you. It's raining, grey and dreary here in Taiwan. I truly appreciate Canadian winters now that we're here. I'll be interesting to have sand instead of snow for Christmas this year. We're trying to modify some Christmas carols for our trip. I'm sure I'll enjoy Thailand, even if there's no snow.
Love you.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Kerry Zerff said...

I hear ya on the cold!!! Send the chinook here!!!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

heather, so glad to see you bloggin!

-24C is COLD - it is barely freezing here in TX and I am shaking already!

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home